• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crazy tank arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello there.
Half an year ago, I've thought of a map based on this one:
http://www.2shared.com/file/12517530/d7538250/BOOM.html

If you don't want to download it, I'll quicky explain you the point:
You get an unit which shoots extremely fast in decent range, but those missiles are NOT homing and they are VERY slow, so if you want to hit opponent, you have to tacticize with it and predict his movement. If enemy gets too close, you use kind of thunderclap.
That map is totally unknown and simple, it's just pure concept and I have not ever met any map with the same concept, so I decided to make one!

I joined Azhar (anyone know him?), we did a decent work making the follow-up.
We wanted replace units with heroes, implement items, spells for each of hero class and such to make it perfectly playable. Terrain, obstacles, you could use all of these to help you win.
When i said "decent work", I ment relatively decent. That guy did a great job, liked working on it (he did triggers), me either (heroes, spells, terrain), but one day he just didn't come on BN. I mailed him, but he didn't respond. I've never ever met him since.
Well it has been for half an year by now and I was asking myself if it wasn't great to revive the project/start from scratch again.
Howewer, I don't understand triggers at all, but I like making terrain and the things I described above.

http://www.2shared.com/file/12517603/67313e70/Crazy_Mortar_Fight5.html
This is how far we got. It's veeery buggy, but the concept is clear.
Concept of the new arena: You get a tank and fight in giant arena. Then the best 2, next 2 and so on duel together. And the survivors from duels fight again. And in the meantime between these times you can buy items and stuff in hall, where you are invincible. When the 3 fights are completed (FFA, duels, FFA of duel winners), it repeats, perfect would be 3x. And at the end you could save your progress (maybe 1 point per 5-10 frags) and load it in next game and get some gold for each point, so you'd be more motivated to continue playing.
Sadly, in the map it's not even 10% of the things I described.

So I'm asking you:
Is anybody interested in making this map with me?
I think it has solid chance to be good map since the concept hadn't yet been very used.

Oh yea and I almost forgot! I've tried to make the map again from scratch and I ended here: http://www.2shared.com/file/12517718/e83abc8e/CTA.html - 1 day work out of boredom.

The last thing: Don't be disturbed by the Crazy mortar fight/Crazy tank arena name, because when the last version of WIP map was tested (it was CMF), we thought about the name again and changed it (to CTA). And soon after that Azhar dissapeared.

Thank you for reading and I'm awaiting replies. :grin:

Level 4
Well, if you'd read the post, you'd know it's just concept with few things done, so there is not much to see.
I'm asking if someone is interested in that, because I need somebody who'd make triggers and these things for it and I would make terraining and the rest. And if I won't find him, well, it has no sense of continuing when I can't make triggers. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.