• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crazy Crazy Furbolg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Forest Survival!

FOREST SURVIVAL

Hey everyone!

This is my first map, so i know it's bad, but i'd like all your comments, suggestions, ratings and offers to help :)D).

Currently, i'm focusing on units to be built by the survivor and hero abilities, so i can get this game into its beta stages. and make it playable.

Story:

Evil runs amuck in the forest of the night elves, as the forest beings have been corrupted by a dark force. You, as one of few survivors must hold off these forces until the sentinels arrive to cleanse the land of evil.

How to play:

There will be around 10 players in this map. One forest being and 8 survivors. The survivors must base, hide and ultimately kill the forest being or hold it off, depending on the game mode. For the player controlling the forest being, they must kill all survivors no matter which mode. If any player is killed as a survivor, they are resseructed as a servant to the forest being and must fight for his cause.

Features:

• A complete votekick system
  • Different game modes and according times
  • Bounty/gold system for 'income building'
  • A unique lumber system
  • Custom models and skins
  • Awesomeness :D

Future changes:

• Add custom hero abilities, voices and icons.
  • Create survivor buildings and classes
  • Finish off triggering
  • Balance the game (ZOMG)
  • Start and end-game cinematics

Screenshots

These are some screenshots of the my game. The first screenshot is depicting the 'heroes' in the game against a survivor.
The next screenshot is showing the hero tavern, with the waterfall in the background.
The final screenshot, is a picture of my votekick system :D
201384-albums4359-picture41253.jpg

201384-albums4359-picture41252.jpg

201384-albums4359-picture41254.jpg

Questions

1. Does anyone have any name suggestions, because the name posted here was thought of on the spot and really sucks.

Thanks for looking and please comment!

EDIT: In game, all units are owned by player 1 (red), do not worry, i just did this to test it. The furbolgs that spawn after 60 seconds are part of an attempted hero spawn system that i'm failing at.

Attachments

• furblog.w3x
    796.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Level 8
Sorry I haven't tried your map so I can't comment on that, but when you decide to make your map bigger there is a simple tool in the editor to do that without having to make an entirely different map. In the editor on the menu with File, Edit, View, etc, etc.. There is one called Scenario, choose that and then choose Map Size and Camera Bounds. If you play with it for a bit your learn how to use it quickly.

Level 3
Thanks for the help aschy, but i can only extend the map so far, so i've started a new one. Its not going that bad, but i will need some help with the terraining, since its a big map and all.

Level 3
Oh, that'd be great if you could make the terrain! I have slowed my progress on this map because i'm trying to avoid making the new map lol. I will finish the bases (just outlines) in the map and give you some guidlines but thats it.

Could i see some of your terraining work too?

Level 9
Oh, that'd be great if you could make the terrain! I have slowed my progress on this map because i'm trying to avoid making the new map lol. I will finish the bases (just outlines) in the map and give you some guidlines but thats it.

Could i see some of your terraining work too?

just click on my signature It has a good portion of my Terrain work otherwise if
you wanna see some other things
OgAAAFxgLErEM1M0n5AWDU8ZIvCZ9A6M2v0l-Nha-6EV4ClC-gkSLR0yc_NbNl8X70m3WHixyxCqlYtCm3AtFFvZ68oAm1T1ULXCd6HU7CFhVcKz25wPlmBuaN7M.jpg

OgAAAEhbZUL_ZlwGwINc9d8ERfy2fxQqthoikH1j8tbKoVUx0o8os-2OgsBkbFoYfTWryXAGxoP8zih7OU2f2zkK9uUAm1T1UMWqwcc99CE9SnP_QN5-58qsIETK.jpg

OgAAAOq8Vyh6Ks12tJXozoMyJ0sgjQ8o_jwOoxR7FxeILmxqofFtFQdgXC0gNagEoNkq5mPfRb-ABBoOd8cg0Jq0IxgAm1T1UDs3BsquucoV-4ClQzvVjOIgde2f.jpg

OgAAAJ3GbJyXXBvBrgmzC4M6xbegb2yfV1rDz3qRlxQvrIyQkCtVM9iUZixsl0_ClX8lA5xuHJC3EXXqE3sqynaIQW0Am1T1UJCw8niR7p7GYj8B5yO-7lhowYaN.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
Wow i love it :D

I'll finish up the bases and then the map will be yours to design. You can even change the bases if you could make them better.

EDIT: Would you like to make the bases to? If not thats cool, i'm just not very good at them.

Level 8
I tried your little map and to tell ya the truth it wasn't very good at all. When you start off on this map you've got like 5 heroes. With all the default abilities. All you did was change the models. The terrain is really plain and boring. The creeps are just porchin. And the maps tiny. I guarantee ya if you upload this the way it is they're gonna bash ya good and reject it. Do yourself a favor and do a bigger map with lots of custom items, spells and models. And please one hero for each player.
That terrain of MrStormyZ's looks pretty good but I can tell ya right now nobody likes blizzard cliffs. Use the raise lower tool instead.

Level 9
That terrain of MrStormyZ's looks pretty good but I can tell ya right now nobody likes blizzard cliffs. Use the raise lower tool instead.

The Terrain is done over a layout that people made for me there wasn't much I could do if they wanted it just how the layout was,
and about cliffs they least can be decorated by doodads,as they are basically used as path blockers which you need at much places
I use increase/decrease for other purposes though.

Level 3
Thanks for the comments, but i plan to change most things. I had 5 heroes in there as i was testing the map, but they will be removed. I will also be changing the spell sets, its just my school has started again and i haven't got round to changing anything.

Thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.