• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crane by chilla_killa

Hey Guys,

I made this model for my Fallout map.
It was made in Milkshape and uses only the TinkerTank ingame texture.
It can be used as a doodad for Modern Warfare, Fallout and other Futuristic maps.

Please give me credits, if you use it in your map/campaign.

Greets chilla_killa

Keywords:
crane, modern, futuristic, harbour, ship, fallout, industry
Contents

Crane by chilla_killa (Model)

Reviews
08:22, 5th May 2010 General Frank: Useful, although some things might be a bit better. Nevertheless approvable. Works ingame.

M

08:22, 5th May 2010
General Frank:

Useful, although some things might be a bit better.
Nevertheless approvable. Works ingame.

I really like the idea, those majestic cranes makes for great atmosphere in most maps.
Though while the mesh is pretty good, the wrap is really bad and the texture looks strange.
i would recommend most people not using the tinker tank teture (unless they're General Frank), as it is bound to look stretched and blurry.

I haven't seen you ever do any textures, but if you have any basic skills with photoshop, you could edit some stock images from this site and make your own custom texture from it, cause that really increases the ammount of detail you can add into this doodad (which is important, since it is supposed to look hunormous!).

Level 2
Did you animate it? Modern buildings and map elements are best when you could destroy it (who wouldn't want to destroy the whole city?) so at least a death animation would make it great.

Level 12
No animations, just doodad.
But, WHY?!
I'm getting tired of all these good looking models that i'd love to use, but that can only be, well, looked at blankly. Because they're good for nothing except decorating RPGs (or these other kinds of map where the environment is just for providing nice screenshots).

What if i throw a rocket at it? Is it made of braided diamond microfibers or something :sad: ?!
I rather use a much uglier model with just a death anim where its altitude just lowers until it's into the ground than such things :/ at least i could spawn some dust via triggers and it would look half decent.

Other than that it has a nice look and texture usage (to me). Frustrating but no use in dling.