• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Crafting system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,

I'm new in map editing and i want to make a crafting system like troll tribes or thing like that.
I work on Warcraft 3 reforged

But i have two problem with this:

-all craft spell (base on roar) so they launch together and don't make specific thing.
-the craft menu (based on spellbook) bug because i made one who's name "craft" with two spellbook named "buildings" and "objects". but they are mixed in the first menu "craft".

Any idea about how to do?

ps: I'm sorry but i don't found thread abouttthis subject so i post new one.

Regards

Level 39
A unit cannot have multiple spells with the same base order as it will try to cast all of them when casting one. There are only a couple spells whose base order can be changed successfully (it does nothing for all other spells), and the one you want to use for this is called Channel (‘Ancl’). Search for a tutorial about how to use it and make a bunch of spells based on it instead of your Roar spells.

Having multiple spellbooks with the same base order will collide and combine their contents. Simply give them different base orders, as I believe Spellbook is one of the few that can have altered base orders.

Level 39
If they have different base orders they will not collide. That being said, here’s a tutorial with a lot of info about them: The Theory Behind Spellbooks

Off the top of my head I don’t know how to make a multiple page spellbook but I know it can be done. Do some searching around the forum and you may find examples or partial solutions to adapt.

Level 2
Hi,

Many thank for your reply.
I'll check and if I find anything i'll post it on this tread for other new modders.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.