• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Couple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
How do you change the races name? for example, humans to empire, or undead to chaos etc.

2nd, how do you make it so that a unit uses a certain stand animation (lets say stand 1) and not use the other stand animations? (if this is possible)

EDIT: oh yah, one last thing, how do you give a unit a portrait that it wouldnt normally have?

Level 5
This works. You can even make them colorful. However, they will change AFTER the map was opened. So it is normal, you play the map and then on all maps you have the races changed. If you play a map without races names' changed they will revert after such a normal map was used.​

Level 8
I believe that you cannot specify which animation to use except through triggers. And even then, that's only worth doing for cinematics as when you give an order to the unit it will take a random animation. For example, you give the unit 5 walk animations, when it walks it will play those at random. You can't easily control it.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Level 5
I believe that you cannot specify which animation to use except through triggers. And even then, that's only worth doing for cinematics as when you give an order to the unit it will take a random animation. For example, you give the unit 5 walk animations, when it walks it will play those at random. You can't easily control it.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Yea, you do not have much power over animations. Especially if the unit is moving.​

Status
Not open for further replies.