• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Counts two spells as same spell. {two spells triggering at the same time}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well I know I'm absolutely hopeless with the object editor but my problem is that:

I have 2 spells: "Creature 1" and "Creature 2". They are both based off "Taunt". In fact I made one and took off all the buffs, animations, etc and just changed the Icon and Tooltip then copied it and changed the tooltip. Basically they are the same and do nothing.

Now, I make 2 triggers, both with the action "Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability". The conditions are "(Ability being cast) Equal to Creature 1" and
"(Ability being cast) Equal to Creature 2". When I cast it in game it thinks that I cast both spells at the same time. So it deducts double mana and casts twice. It fails on the second time because of a condition I put in there.
So how can I fix this? I think this is a Object Editor problem but I don't know where to look. Also I am going to make 2 more copies (Creature 3 and 4) so please keep that in mind when offering a solution.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just some extra information. When I cast Creature 2 it casts Creature 1 first and then fails on Creature 2 because of the condition. I think this is because the trigger for Creature 1 is above the trigger for Creature 2 in the trigger editor stack.

Both of the spells are in a spellbook.

Level 4
in object data, in spell called channel, there's an option Base Order Id, change it. You also search for a tutorial on using the channel ability.

!!! Thx, after some trouble of getting the icon to be visible (didnt know it was default as invisible) I finally got it working :grin:! Thx mate +Rep to make you a Happier Tauren :cool:

Now could a mod please mark this as solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.