• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Counting the number of human players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm working on a hero siege, and I'm going to make a different number of creatures to spawn per wave depending on the number of players. How can I check how many human players there are? CheckPlayersByMapControl() also counts players that aren't actually playing, so It can't be used for this.

Level 28
GUI:
  • Set PlayerAmount = (Number of players in (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))))
JASS:
JASS:
loop
    exitwhen i == 16

if GetPlayerController( Player(i) ) == MAP_CONTROL_USER and GetPlayerSlotState( Player(i)_) == PLAYER_SLOT_STATE_PLAYING then
        set playerAmount = playerAmount + 1
    endif
    set i = i + 1
endloop

Probably could've been done in a different way. Those should work though.

Edit: You shouldn't mind the player group in the GUI-form all that much. Yes, it's better to clean player groups, but 1 instance won't change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.