• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corruption RPG - In closed-beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Corruption RPG
I do not have the time to write a detailed description of the map, but I thought I would show you the most FAQ, and some media. Then hopefully get some feedback, and suggestions.

FAQ
-Up to 8 players online
-I currently have 4 heroes, and do not plan to add more
-Heroes CANNOT gain xp or level-up. (But you can see an integer(item-level) that indicates how good your hero is)
-When you leave the game, your hero WILL be saved in a bank (one slot for each hero-type)
-The first open-beta will hopefully be around this Christmas
-Each hero will at the first open-beta have around 10 spells to choose from, but only 5 can be in the cast-bar at any time. These can be exchanged at certain points around the map
-Full custom made UI (Cast-bar, team-bar, threat-meter, world-map, mini-map, cooldown-bar and more I fail to remember)
-Some of the custom systems?: Damage-system, Item-system, Looting-system, Cast-bar with spellbook, Unit-selection-system.

Screenshots (Almost all the custom models until now are placeholders! We plan to make models for this project at a later time)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Videos

Very old video:

Attachments

• Screenshot2010-10-07 18_12_59.jpg
    Screenshot2010-10-07 18_12_59.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 9,155
  • Screenshot2010-10-17 19_39_59.jpg
    Screenshot2010-10-17 19_39_59.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 8,835
  • Screenshot2010-10-17 19_40_16.jpg
    Screenshot2010-10-17 19_40_16.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 9,034
  • Screenshot2010-08-01 00_59_44.jpg
    Screenshot2010-08-01 00_59_44.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 8,918
Last edited:
Level 9
Level 9
Is it possible see a video of the new version?

I might do a video sometime soon, but it's a pain on my pc. Running a recording program while playing, gives me even lower fps than normally.. It's not the maps fault, my computer is just a tit slow :p you can see how the image freezes at some points in the first video.

I will for sure do a video soon, but it will be more of a teaser/trailer than a game-play video like the first one :)

Level 9
when do you expect it to be playable by the public? looks just so great.

A few month ago, me and the co-artist discussed this topic, and we came to a decision, we're aiming to get something out on Christmas-day. The funny thing is, we are already ahead of where we thought we would be at Christmas (I know, mod/game development is never ahead? but we are).

So now we have a new idea for what we would like to have for you guys at our deadline. I hope to release the first chapter in the ORPG, WITH the story-line. Tho, right now, it's just heroes killing creeps and bosses, there is no story implanted what so ever, at this moment. This is of cause a bunch of work, and unfortunate I will have to dedicate at least two weeks before the release date, to pure closed beta-testing and bug-fixing. So in all, I have around three weeks to put in all the characters for the story, and write the dialogs, as well as creating all the interactions they will do.

So, if everything works out, you can expect a pretty well-working open beta around Christmas. A lot of things can change though. For example, if Blizzard state that "Blizzard DotA" will be released around Christmas as well, I will not release the map till after thos, since I plan to use a lot of models and effects from it, for my own map :)

For instance, I plan to use the Sylvanas model for one of the main charcters in the story. Untill then I will have to use a place-holder model, probably the civilian-girl model...

I hope this answers your question, feel free ask for any details.

Level 9
Actually, I'm trying to move towards fantasy, but I'm not a big fan of importing WoW-models. Hopefully SC2:All Stars is gonna bring me the models I need :)

I will get rid of all the terran units, one at a time, and most, if not all of the protoss units. The zerg units are pretty much fitting to my idea, so they can stay ^^

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Very, very promising project.
Starting this week, I will begin modeling again (I once started a basic attachment hero project some months ago ... but dropped it due to a lack of free-time - I'm finally going to continue it now) ...
If you wish so (you wrote you want to create this map fantasy themed), then I can create unique character and doodad models for you.

I can also help you with some coding and terraining, if you like, although I would prefer the modeling stuff.
For my references, I was one of the two project leaders of Gaias Retaliation ORPG, (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/gaias-retaliation-orpg-v1-1e-144066/?prev=u=Zwiebelchen) probably graphically one of the best (if not the best) ORPG map ever created on WC3.

Feel free to message me via PM, if you are interested. (Just tell me what exactly you need, and I will start modeling it for you ;) )

PS: I once created a threat-system for WC3, that was like a 100% mimic of WoW's threat system. If you still did not add a system like that to your map and plan to do so, you should possibly take a look: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...hreat-system-2-4-a-156179/?prev=u=Zwiebelchen
Maybe you can adapt the system's functionality to Galaxy code ... it's pretty efficient, but there are some things you could probably do easier when using galaxy scripting language.

Level 1
Wow, I can just recommend Zwiebelchen. Gaias Retaliation was probably the best RPG Map I have ever played and I have played quite a lot.

If you need me to test your map again, don't hesitate asking.
I'm really looking forward to this now that Zwiebelchen will help you, that's just amazing.

Level 9
Zwiebelchen and I have had a good talk about what he can bring to the project, and by looking at his previous work I am sure we are heading towards a quality-level I would never be able to achieve on my own.

When everything is sorted out, and our parallel work meet each others for the first time, this project is going to bring something to SC:II, I thought never would be made.

Even though I have used a lot of time today figuring things out with Zwiebelchen, I have managed to create a system recording all kinds of data about your character, like: Total Damage Taken, Total Melee/Spell Damage Done, Best Spell Crit and everything in between. You can choose to show this dialog called "Score" between 2 others, one called "Threat"(which shows threat from all players on your selected target), and one called "Damage done" which shows the total damage of all players in the game

@zertox +1 - because I did a lot of testing lately I have stuff to work on, but beta-testing is probably going to start again next week! I will surely ask you then :)

_jakeCake

PS. A website is also in the works, more of that later.

Level 9
I have been working on some (some may say not so exciting) stuff lately and therefore, I do not have much to show you, but all these small changes like new items, new abilities, improvements to the UI and the remaking of some systems all adds up. All these changes I have done really pays off, the RPG is forming, and I will soon be ready to do the first real chapter(map).

I guess I use this reply to give you the idea of how many of these smaller things that are done, and what you can expect from the first release-candidate:
Items currently 32 (I made 10 yesterday) - I hope to have at least 50 items per chapter
Spells currently 27 (Sorceress:12, Warrior:7, Spirit Hunter:6, Cultist:8) Some spells are currently used on both sorceress and cultist. - At least 20 abilities per class for the first chapter (some are level 2 spells), and 15 for any chapter there-on(some of them level-spells)

Level 4
this map has a lot of potential. Write me a PM if you want to discuss it further since I love it and I have played millions of RPGs and made RPGs in Warcarft3 so I know what can be good and what not :) . I can give you some nice ideas if you want some advice from a veteran.

Level 1
after the death of the Sorceress i'll respawn as a fighter.
We played (2 players) as a fighter and a Sorceress.
The bug could be fixed ingame with a reload of the character but that should be just Temporary
So the first act isn't completed right? :)
Anyways it's a nice map and a great UI <3

ps: Great job *bows*

Level 9
after the death of the Sorceress i'll respawn as a fighter.
We played (2 players) as a fighter and a Sorceress.
The bug could be fixed ingame with a reload of the character but that should be just Temporary
So the first act isn't completed right? :)
Anyways it's a nice map and a great UI <3

ps: Great job *bows*

The bug where all classes will respawn as a warrior, is a known issue. It is due to patch 1.4.0..
Build 50 will fix this bug and is released sometime next week :)

First act is not done yet, more content will be added, as well as the current content will be updated with each build to increase the game-play time.

Thanks for the feedback and nice words Rices! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.