1. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

Corpseless version of Carrion Beetle (spell)

Discussion in 'Requests' started by ShadowSpawn, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ShadowSpawn

ShadowSpawn

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would save me a lot of time with trial and error trying to make it work with triggers, as it is for a Night Elf race rework and they have moving buildings. Please and thank you!

2. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can base your spell on Summon Water Elemental for example and then use a trigger that counts the number of summoned units and when that number becomes greater than 5 for example, make a trigger than kills a random unit of the type of summoned unit.

3. ShadowSpawn

ShadowSpawn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really wanted to use Carrion Beetle because it could be autocast, had that limit already on it and also had a field where the summons would die with the caster, which is important in this case. Also the number of these units is a bit dynamic based on number of town halls and their level. Could that all be done with triggers?

4. NickGreefpool

NickGreefpool

Resources:
    Resources:
    The thing with autocast abilities is that they all need something to trigger them (i think?). Being next to an enemy/corpse/unit with buff
    Do you want the summoning to be triggered all the time? or maybe when in a battle?
    for the latter, i suppose you could use a dummy ability like Slow with autocast, have it do nothing by setting slows to 0% and duration to be really short. Then use a Trigger like 'A unit Casts an ability' with 'Ability Being cast = Carrion Beetle 2.0' condition and then just create units and set a maximum with triggers. The summoned units dying with the caster is easy to make with another trigger.
    if you need specifics than say so and i will show you an image or something