• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corpseless version of Carrion Beetle (spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
It would save me a lot of time with trial and error trying to make it work with triggers, as it is for a Night Elf race rework and they have moving buildings. Please and thank you!

Level 28
You can base your spell on Summon Water Elemental for example and then use a trigger that counts the number of summoned units and when that number becomes greater than 5 for example, make a trigger than kills a random unit of the type of summoned unit.

Level 1
I really wanted to use Carrion Beetle because it could be autocast, had that limit already on it and also had a field where the summons would die with the caster, which is important in this case. Also the number of these units is a bit dynamic based on number of town halls and their level. Could that all be done with triggers?

Level 2
The thing with autocast abilities is that they all need something to trigger them (i think?). Being next to an enemy/corpse/unit with buff
Do you want the summoning to be triggered all the time? or maybe when in a battle?
for the latter, i suppose you could use a dummy ability like Slow with autocast, have it do nothing by setting slows to 0% and duration to be really short. Then use a Trigger like 'A unit Casts an ability' with 'Ability Being cast = Carrion Beetle 2.0' condition and then just create units and set a maximum with triggers. The summoned units dying with the caster is easy to make with another trigger.
if you need specifics than say so and i will show you an image or something

Status
Not open for further replies.