• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

copy and pasting floatable doodads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
hi guys, I'm just wondering: is there anyway to copy a group of doodads which are stacked upon eachother using page up and page down to paste it so that it keeps the same height?

I really need to know if there is a work around for this or else I will be creating floatable doodads 24/7 -,-" And I don't like the sound of that :(

Level 3
if you mean copying a doodad in world editor, just take your Tool Plate to doodad one, then select that square button in top left corner, then select all doodads you need just like you select soldiers in w3, then Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V to paste.
well if you wanna copy doodads in the game its triggering.

Level 28
if you mean copying a doodad in world editor, just take your Tool Plate to doodad one, then select that square button in top left corner, then select all doodads you need just like you select soldiers in w3, then Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V to paste.
well if you wanna copy doodads in the game its triggering.
He meant copying doodads so they still have the same height (you can increase the height of doodads with CTRL + Page up/down, but when copy/pasting them like your method, the height resets itself).

Wouldn't it be possible to create it with triggers indeed?
You can set the height of created destructibles with this code:
JASS:
native          CreateDestructable          takes integer objectid, real x, real y, real face, real scale, integer variation returns destructable
That would be the fastest method afaik.

It's just another typical blizz-thing, not pasting the doodad height :/

Level 14
EDIT: wow my respond was late 0.o sry guys was to late with posting didnt read
thanks ap0calypse that was exactly what I neeed + rep to you

Another small question: Does this mean I have to recreate all my doodads triger based?

Ignore this story (or do read if you want to know why it helps me out ):

No I think you've misunderstood what I have meant with my problem Kusipukki.
you see, I have a couple of doodads created which are stacked upon each other using the contrl keys + page up an page down.

I want to copy them to another place and paste them so they would exactly have the same z-height as my other doodads on the right side but they will eventually have the same z-height as the doodas on the ground -,-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

now trying to make these things become to their original z-height again you'll have to select the doodad inside each other by going underneath them and selecting different ones, or you'll have to recreate the same doodad again...

This can take a lot of fkin hours to create without copy and pasting to their original z-heights -,-"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this pisses me off a bit >.>
and I was wondering if there is anything that could make this thing go away
where you can just get them at the same heights back when you paste.
I would love to know it :)
+rep to you for saving me lots of time if you do know the answer.
I forgot about how it's done but I did knew...

Last edited:
Level 14
You can't, sorry

hmm it'll take longer to recreate all my doodads then continue right now, so for now I will still use the anoying slow recreating doodad method.

For future uses I will use scripts :)
thnx for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.