• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please Help, Copy and Pasting Doodads, height resets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm trying to copy and paste these doodads into my map Black Temple.jpg the problem is, when I do the doodads height resets so it looks like this WC3ScrnShot_011011_015309_01.jpg.

I know I can raise/lower everything manually, one by one, and I know I can import doodads on the map using JNPG, but the second ones not an option. I could manually do it, but that could take hours, as I am not the one who made the original and I would have to constantly check back with the original to make sure its perfect and even then, I'd rather not for time's sake plus I don't want to get anything wrong and mess up the terrainers black temple.

So, does anyone know if theres a way to copy and paste doodads and keep their height? If so, please please tell me.

Any help is appreciated very much, thank you.

Level 8
lol! Hey skycraft :)

Thanks for experimenting, I don't think there's a way either unfortunately but I figured it was worth it to just ask.

Level 17
NICKEL!! <3

I experimented and found no results bro.
It seems like your gonna have to go with increasing/decreasing heights >_<

Level 7
You'll find that objects have an X, Z and Y axis. In the object manager you'll find you can change each objects max and minimum scale. When selecting an object, use Home and End to increase/decrease it's Z and Y axis and use Page Up and Down to increase/decrease the objects size. Also, holding Ctrl + Page up/down will make the object float, or go underground depending on its possition.

Here's hoping that helps.

Level 8
You'll find that objects have an X, Z and Y axis. In the object manager you'll find you can change each objects max and minimum scale. When selecting an object, use Home and End to increase/decrease it's Z and Y axis and use Page Up and Down to increase/decrease the objects size. Also, holding Ctrl + Page up/down will make the object float, or go underground depending on its possition.

Here's hoping that helps.

I know all this, but thanks anyways. I thought my first post explained the issue quite well, maybe I was wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.