• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cool map idea - Battlefield style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I had a good idea.

How about a map in the style of Battlefield 1942, with choke points that you have to hold? You get a hero and there is a huge battle going on that your in the middle of. Your score goes down when the other team holds the majority of choke points. So its a bit like and AOS, but with other factors. Perhaps its been done, i dont know.

I would make it myself but i have terrible map skills. So anyone feel free to take me up on this one, so long as you PM me so i can play it when your finished!

Level 1
Ah, sorry, I forgot that some people may not have played Battlefield.

In Battlefield, choke points are a place you have capture. You do this by running in, killing off all enemies, and standing at the choke point for an amount of time. If your the only one there, it takes a minute to capture. So you have to defend the point for a minute. If theres two people on your team there, the time is reduced by half, and so on. If theres the same amount of people from each team there, no one starts to capture it. it remains neutral. After you've captured the point, you can run off and it will stay as yours until the enemy captures it. There is usually 6 or so choke points on a map. If one team has more than three, the score of the other team starts to go down. Both teams start with a number of tickets, lets say for this example 500. If the opposing team has 4 of 6 chokepoints, your score decreses by a little every few seconds. If they have them all, your score plummets toward zero quite fast.

The first team to reach zero points loses. I thought an AOS in this style, where only heroes can capture choke points, would be awesome.

Level 5
I've seen such as map on RoC.
Still, a good idea. I wish you good luck. If you need a help, drop PM by anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.