• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Converting GUI to JASS !! PLEASE HELP !! Learning JASS HELP

How many people know JASS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ApM

ApM

Level 2
Because no one else asnwered my other post and i sed it wrong i wil re-post it,

Is there a way to Convert GUI to JASS

and my other question

Who or Where can i learn JASS ?

Please dont ignore this post please HELP ME !!

Level 2
To what ramza said,
In the trigger editor
go to Edit, then to Convert to Custom Text.
make sure you have duplicated the trigger first bcuz u cant convert back
Then see how the trigger works using JASS
If u could tell me where a tutorial is that would be helpful, Ramza but if u cant find 1 thats how to find out how JASS works 8) 8) :wink:

ApM

ApM

Level 2
huh.......no that isnt how you convert it that is just a weak excuss to put it into text form.......

Level 2
Get an mpq extractor and open up your map with it. Then open the .j file with a text editor. It will have the jass-inized map stuff, including all unit creation, regions, triggers, etc. Most of the triggers are 'call [premade function]'. You could try opening the main mpq's, I bet the premade functions are in one of them... Looking at the unit creation stuff might help a little too

Im using this to try to learn myself :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.