• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Convert Unit to Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
emmm... I was just wandering about and I met a question about converting unit to hero in object editor.
The most part of people say that they can't make Hero out of Unit in object editor, but I know how to do this...

You will need object editor hack, which is in JNGP.
First copy any unit and paste it. You will create non-standart unit.
When you will try to paste unit there must be a message "Enter a desired object ID"
So, you may give it ANY ID length in 4 letters\characters, BUT The first character MUST be Upper Case Letter.
It's Done. :ogre_hurrhurr:

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Russia :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 28
it's called rawID of a unit/spell/buff/doodads you can view it even in normal WE by pressing CTRL+D but you can only modify it using JNGP, but I dont think it's possible to convert a standard unit to hero by just replacing 'h000' to 'H000'...
It is. This is how Warcraft recognizes heroes from regular units.

I've used that little trick a few times before (laziness...). Well, mostly for test-maps and such though.
I thought it was pretty well-known among JNGP-users :p

Status
Not open for further replies.