• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Convert heros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Box was able to comp a code from 1.1n, you just have to have like every version between 1.1m and now, well every new letter, you dont need like 1.2a(8), just 1.2a(13)

Box was able to comp a code from 1.1n, you just have to have like every version between 1.1m and now, well every new letter, you dont need like 1.2a(8), just 1.2a(13)
I'm not sure about that. I think somewhere in the a-versions were some incompatibilities. But it might be worth a try.

Maybe someone can create a "conversion list" or something via trial and error, that guides players with old codes what the critical map versions are for converting.

That being said, your chances are slim. 1.1m(3) is very old. It happened just after I changed the whole save/load system to write files on the HDD. Back in 1.1m(3), all the foothills content wasn't implemented yet and everyone still farmed the Shade. Also, 1.1m(3) was when I implemented the old point-based talent system.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, just saying that you might have an easier time just making a new character. Getting someone to shoulder you through the early game content is pretty easy right now as currently the update is still running hot (and it will be again once I release the new bosses). You will probably end up having a similar character in less than an hour or two.

Level 9
yah you might not be able to load from 1.1m to 1.1n but if you can than you can get the codes to the current version

I checked the changelog and it seems that 1.2A(2) introduced the -comp command.

I think 1.1n didn't introduce a code wipe (since before -comp got introduced, I had to be very wary of changes in the savecode), so you might be able to convert your 1.1m(3) code directly into 1.2A(2).
If I remember right, 1.2A(9) introduced another code wipe (that then stayed the same until A(13)). So I'd try to -comp your code again in 1.2A(13) before comping into the current version.

So here's what I would try:

- comp your code into 1.2A(2) and save
- comp this new code into 1.2A(13) and save
- comp this new code into 1.2B(4)fix and save

Remember that you can't save in singleplayer. I recommend creating a 1 player LAN game to convert your codes.
If you have trouble finding older versions, check out epicwar or MakeMeHost. I guess they have those. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.