• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Control Panel Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I am trying to create a control panel unit, basically a Hero in some dark corner which is gonna have abilities he can use globally to ally/unally or various options.

My problem is how to get rid of the unit's other commands and abilities like Patrol/Stand etc.. so that only the abilities I choose will be there.

If only way to do this is trigger then I would ask if someone could provide test map so I can copy paste it or provide explicit tutorial on how to do it.

Level 3
does it have to be a hero? maybe you could just use a building.

Hero is best used as it's part of interface and easy to access and see than some dark hut in the corner of the map, players would barely notice it. It's done in all the cool maps and is very popular.

Plus you should not even see the unit, it's simply a menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.