• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Control over units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Im making a map where u build towers, and each tower represents a unit. After x time those towers become the units, and atack the enemie; but i want it to be leik in a real war, where u cant control all ur troops, so i want the units to belong to player one, but player one cant give them orders while they'r in combat, just like the map Blood Tournament.
Hope you can help.
Kthnksby :grin:

Attachments

• Blood_Tournament_Beta6.w3x
    48.9 KB · Views: 63
Level 6
Unit Classification "Ward" makes it so a player cannot command units spawned (think Castle Wars). Spells will not be used automatically though. It may be better to give the units to a computer controlled force like suggested, unless you feel like writing some triggers/ai for all the spell casting units in your map.

Level 6
Off Topic: I already saw Blood Tournament... Well I played it.... It's a nice concept and nice map overall ^^

Now about your problem...
You could also make a trigger to unselect the selected unit... you press it and it will remove the selection.

Unless....

...you want to allow players to select all units and check their damage, range, etc... For that you should do like FlowerofSpeech says :D

Level 6
You could also make a trigger to unselect the selected unit... you press it and it will remove the selection.

In theory this should work but it doesn't. You can still order troops. Try it, all deselection does is make it more difficult.

Level 5
Unit Classification "Ward" makes it so a player cannot command units spawned (think Castle Wars). Spells will not be used automatically though. It may be better to give the units to a computer controlled force like suggested, unless you feel like writing some triggers/ai for all the spell casting units in your map.
It's the way you should do it.
Something i want to add : in the french editor, the translation of "Ward" is wrong and is "Garde" instead of "Balise" (took a moment before understand it, so i warn you if you'r french ^^).

Level 7
Thanks a lot FlowerofSpeech, that was what i was looking for... Since all the units will be footman ill have no probls with the spells.
@.Ragnaros, i thought of that too, but it seems kinda unaccurate...
Thanks all for the help
Greetz

Status
Not open for further replies.