• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Contest (LOAP Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Contest (LOAP Map)

A LOAP (Life Of A Peasant) is a mod in Warcraft 3 which is very populare. For those of you who does not know what it is, go to the map section and search for ''Life Of A Peasant''.

Far to many edits of the populare map has been made, and I think it's about time we get some new maps buildt from scratch. I know it's a large project, but with enough time it should be possible.

Rules

*The map has to be made from scratch and has to be started on after the contest start.

*Any form of import is not allowed. No models, sounds or other.

*WEU is allowed. But if you're using it, say so in the loading menu

*The has to be multiplayer
Your map should have:

*A nice terrain, though it's not much terrain in LOAP maps.

*A good gameplay. (Does your map have a goal or not ?, Are there other things to do beside the gamepley ?)

*Leakfree and goodworking triggers.
Prizes

It's up the the admins though, but this is what I have in mind:

First place - 40 Reputaion points and an icon

Second place - 30 Reputaion points

Third place - 15 Reputation points

Deadline = 10-08-07

Entrances:
Operator
Steel_Cold

I will be entering the contest myself, and will therefor need someone else to judge the contest. Any takers ?

Last edited:
Level 5
i could judge
i myself am both a loap addict and a loap maker (no crummy half...uh....bottomed... god stuff)
all i gotta ask is, is there anything in it for me?
cause as u may see i am running a little low on reptuation......
anyway yeah id be glad to judge

Level 5
id say itd be just the foundation of the map like the original loap
reason being is that it doesnt help the maps playability cause the judge has to see the basic elements (jobs, characters etc) and gods would simply dilute those elements...
correct me if im wrong operator

Level 13
You cant really custom make a Loap Map since 90% of them take place in the same city, if you take that away its not "loap" i do have about 10 Loap maps ready to go that i am proud of and i will post them here after a little fixer-uper's.

Please revise the rules so generic loaps are allowed, and i will join.

Edit: my loap map is quite unique, some of you might have seen it floating around Bnet : Loap Star Ship Troopers. That MB sucking massive epic map that pits the (currently) rigged bugs against stalwart earth defenders.

(yess im the infamous Unit_135)

Level 5
uh read the operators post helghast
its a contest to make a thing LIKE loap
its not in "LoapVille" or anything it is just based around the whole RPG gaming type of getting jobs and living ur life.

Level 13
Im out, how do you expect people to make a massive multi player battlenet RPG based on real life with jobs triggers and new and inovative stuff in that time. This contest quite honestly is asking for too much too soon, too bad too since i had a great map ready to submit to this too.

Level 5

Don't you think the rules are a bit strict? I mean, how many "realistic" loap maps are necessary? I'd say less then those that already exist...

On a different note, I was reading this, and realized that a loap map based off of soul society (bleach) would be amazing.

Level 32
Contest (LOAP Map) is obviously a very long term proposition. The judge for such a contest (IMO) would have to be one of our Map Development moderators, or Ralle himself.

I nominate the Chieftain to supervise this contest. If he declines the task would then fall to either Mini-Me or ragingspeedhorn.

Level 10
You also fail to explain what a 'LoaP' map actually is.

Basicly the casual loap has 4 forces, Peasants, Mafia, Drug dealear and the police. This is the most common type of loap. The peasants gain income and buy houses and cars and other luxeries such as pets, drugs (from the drug dealer) and sometimes weapons and other hidden goodies.

They gain income by stepping on circles of powers at each job. For example, the most sought after job, the major, has its circle of power in the majors office. Only one player can be the major, he gains income over time. Other jobs such as the mail man and Garbage man have to do more tedious tasks, the mail man takes mail from the mailk station which is deposited after the last shipment of mail has been delivered, he then mails them to each mailbox giving him a small amount of money after each drop off. There are many various jobs.

The Mafia rob the bank to gain income, only the mafia mob boss or his wife can steal the money, but the bank is guarded, so they might need protection. The police's uniqueness is its jail van, which has an ability similar to soul steal, which captures a hero. When a hero is captured for committing a "Crime" (Here is where some roleplay is taken into the game) the van must then be moved into a jail cell inside the police station, which releases the prisnor and closes the gate. The prisnor can be free'd through bail or in a jail break. (A circle of power inside the police station which should be guarded)

The drug dealer is self explanitory. He harvests "Drug material" (Wood). He is the only one who can harvest it. And has a production factory where he purchases drugs for wood, and then sells them to players or NPC's for a profit of gold.

These are the basics of what the Loap game is about. Remember that roleplay has a big part in this game.

THere are many other features, peasants can marry each other and have children, houses can be bought, when a player's main character dies he is soon respawned at the docters office (for a small price).

Other versions of loap have more freatures, lotteries, "Secerts" (Such as being infected and becoming a vampire) which must be found by the player.

You also fail to explain what a 'LoaP' map actually is.

I hope this has explained what a "Loap" map actually is.

Level 10
I would like to enter the contest is you could drop "No Custom" rule.
I thought about making a loap kind map, but will deffinetly use some models and sounds
It would be much better if you would replace that rule with Maximum mapsize = 1 meg.
Unless this topic is already outdated. Is it an official contest?

Last edited:
Level 5
I think this is a great idea but 6 months is a bit long like Pyrite says.
I say 3-4 months. If you truely dedicate yourself to a map it doesn't take that long. But most people dont do just 1 map, or 1 thing on the computer or in life in general lol. But if you don't dedicate yourself to the map whats the point in joining. Custom content would be great but have some rules on it. like file size limit on the imported stuff. or maybe operator would find doodads and some models from the site that would fit for a custom pack, that competitors could choose models from? cause everyone knows unarmored models fit loap just as much as an rpg. i mean how many ppl do you see in real life carrying a bastard sword down the street or a teenager carrying a staff?

If you find a admin to host this I will join. so sign me up asap when the final thread is produced I will start. or if this is moved into the true competitions area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.