• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Constant Color Name for WCIII TFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
It's called 'Spoofing', it used to be very popular, people who use it are usually kicked from games, the host/hostess belives that if you spoof your a hack, it's a simple downloadable program that allows you to create any name, use any color. I will not give you a link for your own safety, Blizzard bans those in possession with a 'Spoofed' name. The reason for them banning 'Spoofers' is because when you 'Spoof' it makes it hard for Blizzard to track you.

Level 4
and a side note, names DO HAVE a limit to the digits, and colors are normally set up just like they are in the editor(.eg |CFF0042FFwoot for the name woot in blue)... so you cant just have any name and colors... but yeah he's right... search it on google...

as a side note I've been using it for quite a long time with no problems... but I'm not going to post the link in case that would violate any wc3s rules (I've read them just dont wanna test my knowledge).

then again... has anyone in here read the WC3 EULA (term of agreements with blizzard)... states right there that as long as it is not a ladder (melee) game, there are no holds barred... so if you play melee DONT DO IT. and if you dont play melee DONT DO IT unless you can host... or people will likely boot you. (just had an idea, bout to post a new topic on how to host games through firewalls if it doesnt already exist)

Level 3
I myself hate hacking...i think its cheap and stupid...and name spoofing is so annoying...i had an argument with one of my "Friends" he got pissed at me, turned on name spoof and slandered me by acting like an Jerk...Spoofing..map unprotecting...and all other hacks i dont like..

Level 7
I just wanted to turn my name lime green, but my name is too long, and I'd alrdy figured you had to do something like that. I do play melee games, every now and then. I'd rather not take the risk, but I figured it was worth a try, to see if someone new some better way or something, which evidently there isn't or not many know of it. It's quite alright. By the way, post the post about hosting under the tutorial section. I'll help you if you need any (I have a Linksys router, so if that is dif from your I might be able to help a bit). I've gone through 3 routers (well, 2 with one comp, and the new one is on the wireless portion of the router, but I still had to reconfigure it again) and have gotten all of them to work with Battle.net and hosting. Maybe if it is good enough we can ask Blizz to post it as a sticky on their tech support forum.

Level 25
Hacking is modifying the data of something without permission

Therefore, Map unprotectors and spoofing are hacking. They are not "cheating", they are hacking

Cheating is using prebuilt things to get to a predefinded goal

Level 3
dont count unprotecters as a hack because it's a hack for a hack (hack for protecting, hack for unprotecting) and since that'd be a double negative, it translates to unprotects being okay and protecters being wrong, however thats my logic.
Blizzard obviously didnt want the whole protect/unprotect thing to happen (else why cant you do it with the editor alone?)

Status
Not open for further replies.