• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Conquer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi im tryin to re-create dis map cuz da creator is long gone(he will still recieve credit) the map is Empire NOT Empire. You can find it here:

Empire V1.3 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

anyways in dis map u r only allowed to build ur main building once, and if someone attacks it down to 30% of its hp you will be forced to ally him(automaticly) and you will be turned into his color, so can any1 tell me how to do dis? if ur confused u can try da map in bnet or just open it in single player its got a full explanation.
OR if u like i can host the map for u in bnet if ur still confused to show u how it works, just ask right here im in U.S East but even if ur in europe one lil game won't really matter a lil laggy
thx in advance

Level 4
Saying that the buildings max life is 1000.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Castle
      • (Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to 300.00
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) and Change color

Level 4
yea i thought of dat at first BUT ur changing ownership dat means dat da attakin player will own all of ur stuff n im intending to allly and change color

p.s i accept other angles instead of % of life to 30 or a certain amount of life like say at 300 OR even when da castle dies cuz i can just add re-encarnation ability to da unit:grin:

Level 4
Did you read the action?
  • Base
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Percentage life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to 30.00
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacked unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacking unit)) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacking unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacked unit)) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Change color of (Owner of (Attacked unit)) to (Color of (Owner of (Attacking unit))), Changing color of existing units
You are not clear in your first post.

Level 16
Try this:

• Castle
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Castle
    • Actions
      • -------- Add whatever conditions you need --------
      • -------- Trigger below is converting every unit of player which lost his "castle" --------
      • -------- I am using TempGroup variable to remove memory leak --------
      • Set TempGroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Attacked unit)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) and Change color
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
I had really hard time understanding what do you really need, so I came up to this...

Level 4
can u tell me how to do the condition
(Percentage life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to 30.00

EDIT:
NVM I FOUND IT, IT WORKED UR AWESOME DUD!! post ur bnet id n i'll put u in credits (ur choice) or ur hiveworkshop id (again ur choice)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
A rep is short for reputation, basicly anyone who helped you with something, should be thanks, by increasing his rep. To do it go on his post under his avatar you will find 2 icons, ones for complaining (report post), the other a reputation increase. The icon should look like a green box with a checkmark and a X mark on it.

Level 4
One more thing, everything has worked perfectly but I completly forgot about the rest of the team
So say player 1 conkers player 2
Then player 1 conkers player 3
Glitches are:
Players 2 & 3 are not allies
If player 2 (or 3 but let's say 2) gets conkered by player 4, player 1 & 2 will still be allies and of course player 4 & 2 are also allies n player 2 changes the color of player 4

Last edited:
Level 4
This is really really simple...
You could have just used the trigger I provided and looked around.
  • Control
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- This makes the current allies of the attacked player unally. --------
      • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) as an Enemy
      • -------- Just like before. --------
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacked unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacking unit)) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Attacking unit)) treat (Owner of (Attacked unit)) as an Ally with shared vision
      • -------- This makes all the allies of the attacking unit allie all his/hers allys. --------
      • -------- And since as seen above the attacked player is an allie everyone else allies them. --------
      • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Unit - Change color of (Attacked unit) to (Color of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))

Level 4
I will look at it right now.
Sweet! I found the problem ok I will talk about them.
This is your trigger, I will talk about it.
  • Conquer
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Headquarters
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) as an Enemy
      • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) as an Enemy
      • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Attacked unit)) to (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to 100.00%
      • Player - Change color of (Owner of (Attacked unit)) to (Color of (Owner of (Attacking unit))), Changing color of existing units
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: (Name of (Owner of ...
---
  • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) as an Enemy
This is basically making the person being captured makes his old allies his enemies now.
What you have is making the attacking unit (His conqueror his enemy)
  • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) as an Enemy
Also
  • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Attacked unit)) to (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))
I am not sure what that is supposed to do, but it really is not needed.

An easier way to do the text alert would be.
  • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) + ( has been conquered by + (Name of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))))

Last edited:
Level 4
I am kinda confusing myself, just copy this trigger line for line.
  • Control
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Castle
      • (Percentage life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 30.00
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) and do (Player - Make (Picked player) treat (Owner of (Attacked unit)) as an Enemy)
      • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) as an Ally with shared vision

Last edited:
Level 4
w8 a sec, da first action would do dis:
take all players allied to conkered player and set dem enemies with allies of conkered player, which would make dem all enemies agaisnt each other.

mayb the trik is in making the triggers happen in a certain order u know like first do dis den with the new setting do dat. get it?

Level 4
thx dud its ppl like u dat make it all worthwhile, btw i think i might make dragon_jett co-creator cuz of all that hes helped me with

EDIT:
make 2 triggers both got same event and same conditions as b4 and as for actions
This would be the first part (first trigger)
  • Conquer part 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 15 to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current lumber
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Owner of attacking unit)) + (has been conquered by + (Name of (Owner of Attacked unit))))
dis would be the second trigger =D (duh) did i say dat outloud O_O
  • Conquer part 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to 30.00
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Attacked unit)) to (All allies of (Owner of (Attacked unit)))
          • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Attacked unit)) from (All enemies of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))
      • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player Group - Make (All enemies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) as an Enemy
well anyways dats all ima let u know how it goes

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
the untested trigger

• Conquer part 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Make (Player group((Owner of (Attacked unit)))) treat (Player group((Owner of (Attacking unit)))) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - Add 5 to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current lumber
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: Someone just got co...
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player Group - Make (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) treat (All allies of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) as an Ally with shared vision

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.