• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Confused about vars in this tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I decided to post here because no 1 is replying on that comment and since most people are here.

In the Hashtable and MUI tutorial, I have something that i am confused and need some clarification.

RemainingTime is a global var. So if i cast a 2nd healing over time within 10seconds. the 1st unit who benefit from it will get have its Healing over time reset to 10? Since storing the hashtable value to a global var which is 10 and it will reset the condition. Correct me if i am wrong.

Someone please clear my doubt! Help is much appreciated.

Level 9
Cool, learnt something new. But i still have a similar confusion about my question.

Hashtable - Save (RemainingTime - 1.00) as 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) in hashTable

At this part, it saves 10-1 in the hashtable. so 9 seconds left assuming its on the initial loop.

Does this mean that Hashtable - Save will automatically assign RemainingTime - 1.00 ion the hashtable of that location of 0,key of picked unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.