• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Condemned 2: Bloodshot is out for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. However, the amount of players for the PlayStation 3 online for Condemned 2 is pretty small and I just want to get more people interested in the game (For PS3 users, screw the Xbox 360!) so I can kick their ass in Condemned 2 online. :grin:

What is the game about? Well... if you're a fan from the 2005 Condemned: Criminal Origins, the storyline of Condemned 2: Bloodshot will end up being a disappointment towards the end. But basically, the story behind Condemned: Criminal Origins is that you play as Serial Crimes Investigator Ethan Thomas whom is set on a case to chase down a Serial Killer known as SKX (Serial Killer X). Throughout the game, you discover that SKX is killing all other great serial killers whom you (Ethan Thomas) had been after in the past. Ethan's goal is to find SKX and stop him from causing more havoc with your cases and to kill him. In your first mission, you chase down SKX in an abandoned apartment building at a crime scene and SKX manages to kill two police officers, which eventually ends up becoming a black mail against you and there is a warrant for your arrest as you are presumed to be the officers' murderer.

Throughout the entire game, you are ambushed by homeless people, psychopathic residents, meth addicts, your inner demons, and a bunch of other stuff. The environment is filled with weapons to beat your enemies down with:
  • Pipes
  • 2x4
  • Locker Doors
  • Cleaver
  • Meat Hook
  • Baseball Bat
  • Shovel
  • Fireaxe
  • Sledgehammer
  • Frying Pan
  • Toilet Seat
  • Fooseball
  • Electric Conduit
  • Bowling Pin
  • Cocktail Molotov
  • Alchohol Bottle
  • Taser
  • Pistols
  • Shotgun
  • Broadsword
  • Brace
  • Brick
  • Pipe Lever
  • Baton
  • Drive Shaft
  • Golf Club
  • Baby Doll (Used as a grenade)
  • Bent Rebar
  • Battle Axe
  • Prosthetic Arm
  • Steam Pipe
  • And a few other weapons
In Condemned 2: Bloodshot, you're able to make use of the environment, such as a television, and shove your enemy's head into it, or even throw him over a balcony. Online, you're able to finish another player off by either simply hitting him with a weapon or you can:
  • Break his neck (From the front or from behind)
  • Throw him across the room
  • Headbutt him
  • Kick him (Usually in the balls)
  • Shove his face into your knee
My favorite is tossing the player.

Anyway, the game is really creative and a fun FPS. Its melee combat systme is really interesting and the best part. The game is scary as hell too, offline for sure. Online, it can be just as scary. The atmosphere maintains that eerie and dark atmosphere online too, making it a whole lot more fun for The Influenced (The crazy melee-dependent people) team since there are tons of shadows to hide in and pop-out of, making setting up an ambush a whole lot easier and totally worth waiting for a cop to walk by so you can bash his brains out with a small lead pipe. Though, in Condemned 2, you can also kill people with your fists if you have no weapon, but of course, usually the guy with the cleaver ends up winning the fight instead of the unarmed man.

The characters you play online range from SCU (Serial Crimes Unit) guys who look a lot like SWAT Team personnel or you can play as various Influenced guys such as a buff guy with a pig mask or clown mask.

If you do buy Condemned 2: Bloodshot and want to play it online, the two modes I recommend would be Deathmatch and Crime Scene. Deathmatch is more fun than Team Deathmatch 'cause its more fast pace and less tactical. Meaning, you don't need to worry about a team of guys kicking your ass. Just need to worry of someone joining a fight from behind and taking your kill, along with yourself, to the grave. :p

Crime Scene is my personal favorite mode. There are two teams, SCU and the Influenced. The SCU need to find two boxes of evidence which the Influenced start with in their possession and the SCU must scan them both completely in order to win. The Influenced need to hide these boxes (Or not... depends if you're setting up an ambush or if you're just dumb; lots of dumb players set the box in doorways and other obvious areas, unguarded) from the SCU and ensure that they do not get fully scanned. If one gets fully scanned that's alright, the SCU need to scan both of them in order for the SCU to win and the Influenced to lose. The SCU start with guns: they get to choose to start with a Shotgun or a Pistol (with a Baton as a secondary weapon) while the Influenced can start with a Drive Shaft, Pipe, Sledgehammer, Cocktail Molotov, or a Scrambler (Messes with the SCU scanner so its harder for the SCU to find the evidence boxes. Personally, I like the Influenced because its fun scarring SCU players and I find melee weapons to be more affective than guns, since I suck with the guns. :p

As the SCU, its a lot more intense play, knowing that a masked maniac can pop out of any dark areas such as a shadowy corner, a basement, an attic, or even a closet. The hype you get from playing is awesome. At first when you're a noob at playing online, the game can be very annoying and you may want to quit since you will probably get your ass handed to you several times, but once you get used to the combat system, how to play, and how the modes are played, it'll be MUCH more fun.

Anyway, before this becomes a novel, this is the end of the post. Ask me any questions about the game and I can answer them for ya. :wink:

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.