• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Computer Turns off (Everyday) after using it for less then 2 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi my computer turns off after using it for less then 2 hours... This doesn't happen to any other of my computers, i have no clue what to do all my fans are working...

My brother says its the heat that causes it to shutdown, might be true but if so how do i decrease the heat?

I've looked around and people said stuff about power switches being damaged, heat on the processor and the whole computer, etc..

Facts about my computer:
-My fans are in perfectly good shapes and work good.
-My power cables are brand new and work good.
-Nothing on my computer is damaged.
-My computer is in a pretty cool temperatured room. (My room is in my basement which is at least 25 degrees cooler then the rest of my house, (Its amazing during summer)

Any idea how I can fix this?

Level 14
You are using Win 7 right?
If yes then you ( If I remember D: ) are using Beta or RC version and your Computer is warning you by shutting your computer down every 2 hours, and your computer won't be able to be used after 1 June 2010...
If I remember, shutting down every 2 hours starts at 1 March...
Update your Win 7 to build 7600 or higher
If it's not Win 7 or it's RTM Win7, then check your scheduled tasks...

Status
Not open for further replies.