• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Complicated Skinning Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, I'm new here, so pardon me if I ask anything dumb or what. First, please take a look at the attachment below, it's basically a Arthas- Lich King model, just that it looks more realistic. I have been trying to convert this damn thing into a model for warcraft 3, so that everyone of you can enjoy using a nicer lich king model, not that General Frank's lich king version is worse or what, this one just looks more real. I successfully converted this thing into a model file, took me days of crap and research. But there's one damn problem that stopping me from completing this small work of mine, and that's the fact that this model has multiple skins. 1 for the sword, 1 for the armour, and 2 more for the body, upper portion and lower portion.

Now the standard way of importing a model as we all know is using Import manager in world editor, then binding them, both skins and models to something else ingame, then there you go, the model and the skin. But, what happens if you have multiple skins, how do you bind multiple skins to one model? On the other hand, if that's not possible, is it possible to combine all the skins into one skin? I have researched quite abit, and apparently no one has ever came across such a weird problem. A little help from you people here would be appreciated, and sorry to bother you people if you think this is a waste of time. By the way, this is the same thread as the one in world editing tools forum, I simply realised I post it at the wrong place.

Level 3
Ok, I agree with you fully, however, I'm not talking about ripping off world of warcraft models, rather I'm asking if it's possible to combine skins together. Unless that's also classified as ripping world of warcraft models? The lich king model was merely to give people an idea of what's going on, is that against the rules? I'm not questioning you, but tell me if i'm wrong. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.