• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] Complicated, High skill cap strategy no-name game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
That is a bold title to the thread. Now anyone who has clicked on this link is wanting to know if i can deliver. Of course i believe that this game that is in its early stages (Note is still nameless) and i'm looking for some experienced very skilled RTS players to not help me conceptually but with some testing when i get to that point. Aside from having some trigger help from SAUS, this is a solo project I am working on.

What is the game anyways?

Ok so i dont know how to post screenshots of the map, so that would be nice for everyone trying to get an understanding...(private message me if you want to see the map or know how to post screenshots on hive please)
Effectively, this is a game with one "lane" called the bridge that leads from the bottom and top centers to a 'circular' middle ground called the battlefield. the objective is not original, it is to push and destroy your opponents core. However the gameplay is extremely complex. You buy units that go to the center and perform various objectives in real time. (Imagine mario party with soldiers and no breaks with crazy bonuses for each objective.)

Objectives?
The objectives come in a few different styles
1. Kill a Boss unit.
•rather self explanitory, there is a very tanky boss unit on each side of the battlefield in biased positions for each side. Kill it before your opponent and recieve a BUFF.(***) signals that accomplishing the objective will grand a BUFF. BUFFS are realllly important, we will get there in a bit.
2. Capture and Defend.
• For x number of seconds, one must have the majority of units within a region. The only thing about the region is that you cannot take damage from outside of the region, so if you want the region, better go in hard and fast. (of course there is fog around the region if you have units within there to provide some balance.) ***
3. Capture and Return
•Its basically capture the flag, but the bearer is disarmed and recieves a movement speed incursion. If the bearer is killed, the flag will return to the MIDPOINT of the distance traveled from the central region, not the starting point. ***
4. Passage
• Send 5 units from your starting region to your opponents region. Limit of 20 units within the regions. Units take 30% reduced outside damage, but 120% inside damage. (outside damage referring to damage coming from units outside of the region) ***
5. Beserk
•all you have to do is have 1 unit within a specified region when the timer expires. Units standing near said region have increased range, allowing them to attack eachother from opposing sides of the region. When the timer expires, if you have a unit within the region, you recieve a generic robot that deals a shit ton of aoe damage. (for HOTS players, the tychus robot is similar, but it will use mainly unit target abilities that have an aoe effect, for balancing purposes) *THIS DOES NOT RECIEVE A BUFF, but its really good sooo it is its own buff in a way.

BUFFS???
Now i have mentioned buffs a few times, but whats the big deal?

Buffs effectively make the game. For those of you who have played Heroes of the Storm, every reward has to do with pushing. Especially the pirate cannon... (that thing is just op). Only problem with the objectives in that game is that once you lose once... you are at such a disadvantage that you almost cannot recover. I want every part of the game to be influential, no resting or taking a break, you go until you cant go anymore.

Here's a list of the BUFFS ( or rather effects) of winning parts of the game.
1. Clean Waters: removes all incursions from units for 180 seconds (we will get to incursions later)
2. Inspiration: All non-Hero units deal 10% more damage
3. Advanced channeling: For 90 seconds all incursions from the controlling player are added at 50% effectiveness to the opponent
4. Neutrality: Prevent the opponents units from crossing the midpoint
5. Tremors: sacrifice 50% of your units within the battlefield zone and cause tremors that deal 5% of max health as damage to all enemy units along the bridge. Lasts 12 seconds.
6. Nuke: kill all units along the bridge except for hero units. (this includes the receiving player's units)
7. Trauma: all enemy units are disarmed and ordered to move back to their location 4 seconds ago (lasts 2 seconds due to increased unit speed) Units that are under the effect of Trauma take only 25% damage.
8. Nightmares: All killing units on the opponents team become stunned for 1 second. If they kill 5 units before the duration ends, they take half of their max health as damage. If they kill 10 units before the duration ends, they live with 1hp and become owned by the opponent.
9. Backs to the Wall: All units owned by the buff receiver on their side of the map receive bonus movement speed, attack range, and health. (note that the buff is applies one time, and once a unit leaves their side of the map, they lose the buff.)
10. What goes around comes around: Half of the receivers waste is transferred to the opponents waste storage (We will get there, just hold on once more!!) and the other half becomes currency. Note that this buff is op. It is meant to end the game, and is only accomplished if the player has completed every single objective type, as well as having successfully completed the last 5 objectives. At this point, their opponent is too long gone, i believe in comeback mechanics, but not to the point of you won the game first, but they won it last.

Waste, the last part
Im going to say this as simply as i can;
every time a player purchases a unit, some waste is created. Waste is instantly transferred to your waste storage (Imagine it is food for learning purposes) After it is transferred to waste storage, a truck will pick it up and move it to your waste transfer unit. this transfer unit sends a certain % of your waste based on upgrades (Yet to be defined) or waste storage is sent TO YOUR OPPONENTS WASTE STORAGE.
Why is waste important though?
Because if your waste levels in your storage exceed a certain point, you receive an incursion. Incursions are permanent 5% de-buffs on the health of your units. Buffs are the only thing that can remove them, or one could buy a rather expensive upgrade, which can be self destructive...
There are 4 waste levels (Numbers to be defined):
Low: if your waste is in a low level, the game encourages you to buy more, and you ship out less waste %
Medium:The game encourages you to spend slightly less than the buff of Low Levels, and you ship out more waste % (Note that Medium is regarded as the most effective for game speed purposes)
High: The game stops encouraging you to spend, you need to fix your waste storage first. And you ship out even more waste storage %.
Danger levels: Anything above High storage levels. If the players waste is within this zone for too long, all of their waste is drained out into their waters (For artistic and concept purposes) and their units recieve an incursion as previously stated.

Thats all folks. I know it was a long read, but if this is interesting to you, you make models and want a good space for them i accredit all artists with the maps i make.
Shoutout to SAUS to being such amazing help with my last map which due to some complications is still being worked on. We were planning on releasing a raw version of the map, but ive decided that we need to refine it a bit more to save some face, even though this is our first map. Winter break is the hard release date. If it isnt out by Jan 7th 2016, at midnight, AME will not happen.

Level 2
Please feel free to comment Title ideas below, or you can private message me the title and your Wc3 account name and you get your choice of a 'cameo' i guess you could call it

Level 2
The Wc3 engine initially, i will remake it for Sc3 when that comes out, as the game would be much better suited with a total of 4 players on 2 teams, which is a key part of Sc3.

Level 2
Star craft 3, it hasen't been released yet, but due to a graphics card problem i cant use sc2 right now soooooo im using wc3

Level 2
Im being optimistic and expecting the game to be released by 2017. anyways are either of you interested in any regard

Status
Not open for further replies.