• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Commanding officer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello all

sometimes, when i get tired of the messy battlenet play, i like to do a 2 v 2 or a 3 v 3 or a 4 v 4, in the following set ups:

2 v 2 ---- me and 1 computer vs 2 other computers

3 v 3 ---- me and 2 computers vs 3 other computers
etc

you get the idea....
however, one of the ugly things is that i cannot properly coordinate with a machine in same way i can with a human beeing.
i ve been in the nasty situation of getting pulverized by the other cumputer team and i see my computer ally just wondering like a headless chicken in his base, with full army .... instead of jumping to my aid.

i ve been trying for 3 hours to make a trigger to do one of the following:

a) if the human player presses that MiniMap Signal ingame ( the lower-left signal, if you know what i mean) the computer allys sends all of it's combatant units to the spot i clicked ....stays there for 15 - 20 secs etc, then moves on about his bussiness

b) if the human player is under attack by the enemy, and i press a key, the ally computer immediately tries to come to my aid with all his combatant units

imagine all the miriad ways the a) possibility could be used ...
- making a computer ally hold his attack abit longer till you also get ready
- making him come to your assistance
- pinging the computer ally to go behind the enemy and dropping in from behind
- pinging the ally computer to take a heavier defended gold spot or mobs

-------------------------------------------------

but thats not all !
imagine a battlenet map with 2 v 2 games.... 1 human + 1 computer insane, vs another team like them.

this trigger would deffinately make for some lovely battles, with both human players trying to get the best of their computer allies :)

my friends loved the idea and told me to go through with it, as it adds a new dimension to gameplay

but so far, i ve been unsuccesfull :(

so...how would the trigger look like, if Player 1 ( me ) is under attack from the enemy, and pings the Player 2 ( ally pc ) to go to the spot i pinged ?
...or, at the very least, immediately come to my aid, if my base is under attac ?

P.S. i know by default a computer will try to defend ally bases if they are attacked, but they do NOT always do that ...

many thanks :)

Level 5
ok here is the low down you cant make a event with a triggering ping sorry. you could use something like this idk if it will work though just an idea.
  • Commands
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (! + help) as An exact match
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (! + goto) as An exact match
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (! + (build + (<Empty String> + here))) as An exact match
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (! + harvest) as An exact match
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (! + charge) as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Entered chat string) Equal to (! + help)
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All allies of (Triggering player)) at (Target of current camera view) for 5.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Entire map) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Random player from (All allies of (Triggering player))))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) is A peon-type unit) Equal to True
                  • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Target of current camera view)
                  • Wait until ((Current order of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Order(<Empty String>))), checking every 2.50 seconds
                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Current Order Has B...
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Entered chat string) Equal to (! + goto)
            • Then - Actions
              • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All allies of (Triggering player)) at (Target of current camera view) for 5.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Entire map) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Random player from (All allies of (Triggering player))))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) is A peon-type unit) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Target of current camera view)
                      • Wait until ((Current order of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Order(<Empty String>))), checking every 2.50 seconds
                      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Current Order Has B...
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Entered chat string) Equal to (! + (build + (<Empty String> + here)))
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: This Trigger May Ne...
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Entered chat string) Equal to (! + harvest)
                    • Then - Actions
                        • Loop - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) is A peon-type unit) Equal to False
                            • Then - Actions
                            • Else - Actions
                              • Unit - Order (Random unit from (Units owned by (Owner of (Picked unit)) of type (Unit-type of (Picked unit)))) to Harvest (Random destructible in (Region centered at (Target of current camera view) with size (50.00, 50.00)))
                              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: This Trigger May Ne...
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Entered chat string) Equal to (! + charge)
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All allies of (Triggering player)) at (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Random player from (All enemies of (Triggering player))) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A town-hall-type unit) Equal to True))))) for 5.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
                            • Loop - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) is A peon-type unit) Equal to False
                                • Then - Actions
                                • Else - Actions
                                  • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Position of (Random unit from (Random 1 units from (Units owned by (Random player from (All enemies of (Triggering player))) matching ((((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to True) and (((Picked unit) is A town-hall-type unit) Equal to True))))))
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Entered chat string) Not equal to (! + help)
                              • (Entered chat string) Not equal to (! + charge)
                              • (Entered chat string) Not equal to (! + (build + (<Empty String> + here)))
                              • (Entered chat string) Not equal to (! + harvest)
                              • (Entered chat string) Not equal to (! + goto)
                              • (Entered chat string) Equal to (! + <Empty String>)
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Sorry :( Thats not ...
                            • Else - Actions
Hope that gets you on the right path :cool:

Last edited:
Level 4
thanx !

thankx!

you kinda had same thought as i did :)

but on a much better scale :)

i did some experimentation, along similar path.

i simply used same condition, used a simpler text, 333, and used an order units to go to player location

in some weird way, it seemed to work....but the bad part, was that my ally came with ALL his units! workers included LOL

i failed in trying to make him bring only combatant units, even with exemplification

i will disect your trigger tonight :)

your trigger applies to 1 ally, right ?

player 2 allied with player 1 ?

thnaks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.