• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Command button...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Well, guys. I wanted to make team-colored icons. Since the command button itself is a model, I could change its material to contain a team-colored layer so that alphaed icons could appear team-colored. I tried to find the model for the command button with Magos, Viewer and PowerMPQ but it appears to be hidden, just like the car models from Azeroth Grand Prix. Then I opened a map in WE and under Advanced - Game Interface found the name and path of the model -
Code:
UI\Buttons\BTNCommand\BTNCommand.mdl
However, I cannot export the model and in the UI\Buttons\ directory in the MPQ it does not show up.

Any advice or information about this matter will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Anytime I try to set a unit(or doodad)'s model file to this model (in order to see its animations and create a similar model) WE crashes with the following message:

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.