• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Command Panel Appears Behind Dialog. Wat Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2cdcoso.png

TL;DR Dialog box is appearing in front of command panel and I want to make my dialog appear behind it. Wat do?

My dialog is appearing in front of the command panel making the buttons less visible. Hiding the command panel or the dialog box and making it visible again doesn't fix the problem. I could script a fake set of buttons but I don't know how to change the cursor and registering a key pressed event results in more network traffic each time a player presses any button. I've replaced all of the user interface in my map except the minimap (which I haven't gotten around to replacing yet) and the command panel. Hiding the buttons makes them unusable.

Note: The "BattleNet button" for friends list & voice chat appears in front of the dialogs no matter what, unlike the rest of the default UI.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What you are asking is impossible. The trigger UI manager is rendered ontop of the default UI. The BattleNet 2.0 UI is rendered ontop of that the trigger UI.

What you could do is make sure that there are no UI elements over that area. Instead of 1 large rectangle, break it down into 3-8 smaller rectangles which result in an exclusion zone for the command card UI. Thus you can press the command card buttons as there are no UI elements over them and still have the other UI show around them.

What you are asking is impossible. The trigger UI manager is rendered ontop of the default UI. The BattleNet 2.0 UI is rendered ontop of that the trigger UI.

What you could do is make sure that there are no UI elements over that area. Instead of 1 large rectangle, break it down into 3-8 smaller rectangles which result in an exclusion zone for the command card UI. Thus you can press the command card buttons as there are no UI elements over them and still have the other UI show around them.

I'm going to have to create an image with a grid cut into it for the buttons over top the command panel then. I've done that a couple times already but it's never perfect, going to just have to keep trying & guessing :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.