• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Combining maps for joint project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
My friend is making some terrain while I figure out the triggers and units for a new map.

My plan was to just combine them at the end by importing the triggers, objects, and imported files. That is still doable, but I've been wanting to combine them earlier if possible and then the both of us can still work. But the amount of work to import each file, match file names, redo all the regions, and fix the sound editor is quiet a lot. My questions:

1. Is there an easier way?
2. I know how to import object data and triggers, but what are scripts and strings? I can't seem to import scripts at all (I can export them but that's it) and strings can't be imported because there's an error saying a huge list of IDs are missing.
3. Is there any batch imports available?

EDIT: Also is there a way to import the advanced gameplay options and Game Interface.

Thank you,

Darwin

Last edited:
Level 12
The mere thought of this idea would create so much complications it would be impossible to convert it to reality even if Blizzard were involved. I don't think CnP of triggers, objects etc. is too complicated but if we want to create a quality map we always need to invest time.
If I were you I'd use a notepad or something to write down the details and then fill them into the map. Otherwise there's no other plan.

Level 14
Thanks guys. It's not a huge deal, I'll just put off putting the two maps together for a while. Uploading those 130 files and changing the directory on 80 or so is going to be a pain in the butt. It's worth doing once when the terrain is all done, but I'd rather not do it several times.

Triggers export and import just fine I think. It's the imported files that take the most work.

Status
Not open for further replies.