• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combining Critical Strike and Bonus Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm wondering how to combine the Critical Strike ability with extra damage added on regardless of critical or not into one. I have the values all setup(critical chance and multiplier for each level, and the data values setup for how much "Damage Bonus" I like for each level as well). When this skill is trained by a hero, there is no difference in the base damage, nor any added on damage. By "Bonus Damage" I'm interpreting it as it will add that much damage to the hero's current damage for each level it's trained but I don't know if I'm going about it wrong and it will only be awarding bonus damage when critical is successful or what. Any help appreciated and sorry if the answer to my problem exists, I looked. :? Btw the base ability is Critical Strike.

Level 6
as the base spell crit strike doesnt use bonus damage it doesnt even work with custom spells based on that... i dont know why the editor has a problem with that but yet i wasnt able to solve that too... :?

Level 10
use triggers to add an "Item Bonus Damage"(or something like that) ability. the ability that claws of attack uses. that way, you won't have an extra icon.

Level 1
Well, I have made some progress on the situation. At this point I have the skill critical chance/damage working fine. When they first train the skill (level 1), I add the invisible Damage ability I have setup and they gain +5 bonus damage. However, I have not found a way to upgrade or keep training this invisible skill as they train the skill more and more without making a long trigger with 20 condition sets checking the skill level for each one. Anyone have a sure way of configuring the trigger without going through all that hassle?

Level 9
Code:
LevelInvisEX
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Human Archmage - Blizzard
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Remove Acid Bomb from (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Add Acid Bomb to (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Set level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit) to ((Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)) + 1)

Replace acid bomb with the ability you want (the invisible one), and blizzard with the ability that is learned (critical strike yes?)

Level 10
if your skills has 20 levels, then make the invisible damage bonus ability have 20 levels too (no, you don't need to create 19 new abilities. neither do you need to change it to a hero ability.)

then, when the hero learns the skill, use triggers to change the level of the Damage Bonus ability to that of the Critical Strike's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.