• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cloverfield v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a map made from the movie "Cloverfield". It was my first map, and i had no idea how to make triggers, so it's pretty bad made, but is fun if you play full house.

(Marines can't walk in shallow water if they haven't build anything... don't really know why :p

Keywords:
cloverfield monster 12 lol omfgwtf omg your nose in my ass hippie dippie
Contents

Cloverfield v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
18:13, 25th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: See post #2 for referal, Rejected.

M

18:13, 25th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
See post #2 for referal, Rejected.

Level 17
This is my review of Cloverfield v1.0

Pros:

-Map offered some fun as a survivor or marine. Not much as the monster, though. Still, some potential remains if the cons are improved.
-Proper credit was given.

Cons:
-Many ability errors such as characters requiring priest upgrades.
-Items were also unfitting, such as "Book of the Dead" and "Ring of Protection". How do skeleton warriors fit in with the story of Cloverfield? Who is meant to use a tome of power?
-Nowhere to find information on what to do in your map, other than blindly run around as a survivor. Where am I supposed to increase my food cap?
-Terrain was overall bad. Many doodads were out of place (fire on top of water). And the tiles weren't used very effectively.
-Occasional grammar errors.
-The player colours in the loading screen are incorrect.
-Limited number of buildings, abilities, and items just doesn't quite stack up against other survival maps.

Rating: 1.0 and not recommended for approval.

Please, don't feel offended by my review. Your map can still turn out great if you're able to apply the changes I listed.

Last edited: