• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{Closed} Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Craka_J have you made a mount system yet? I searched this form and found nothing. I currently am working on one in GUI (scream at me now) so that I can upload it to the Hive and have "Joe the Plumber" (someone please, say something) edit it to mach his map specs. It currently is using olofmoleman's wildkodo.mdx in the model section. It is a item ability where the item is based off Crystal Ball and gives an effect like avatar. (WIP)

Just would like your thoughts

3rgytr54~

Level 9
I belive the reason it's not made yet, is because it's way easyer to make than the other basic WoW systems, it's just to assign a model to the casters feet/or even change the whole model, and then improve the movement by 60% or 100% which is pretty easy done..

What really is hard to make, is the models of the difrent mounts..

Level 25
We are intentionally leaving Mounting out of the mod for now until we get more higher level areas done. Maybe after The Barrens and Ashenvale are finished, I'll consider getting the triggerer(s) to work on it finally. But for now, mounting is irrelevant since we're working on noob zones currently. And in noob zones, you'll gain less and less XP as you level higher and higher. So reaching level 40 will be pretty difficult and frustrating, but with the Barrens and Ashenvale finished, that means more higher level mobs, more quests, and more to explore.

~Craka_J

Level 1
I would suggest making seperate animations for each unit while sitting.
that way you could just have the mount be the attachment and only have to do a trigger for when the mount is moving and a trigger for when it isn't.

I know i didn't word it very well at all.

Level 17
From this project, i have learned that its never as simple as you think.
Would be better if the model was created specially for mounts, what i mean is creating a morph animation for the model and also create a morph model for the model when its sitting on the mount, that would make it look much better then having an attachment on the model.

Level 3
yeh LTGH, we cant expect so much from this project. Like the mount system. LIke craka said, It's not gonna be EXACTLY like WoW. i dont mean 'expect much' as in "wow this is boring' i mean like 'gee they put a lot of effort into this to make it like wow as much AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN!":

Level 17
before TBC came it was 40 but when TBC came it changed to 30 even if you didnt have TBC

Uhhmm. I just said "it requires level 30 even if you have TBC or not." And i think that everyone know that it 40 befor anyway. And did they change it when TBC came out? I couldnt buy my mount till level 40...

But thats not what this thread is about, it was just a question if there will be mounts or not. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.