• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Close Quarters

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Close Quarters
A melee map that has very small distance between you and your opponent, but many strong creeps separate you. The drops have some random drops but I tried to avoid them due to balancing reasons, the advantage of a few good random drops could give the win away. The space to build is limited and needs to be used wisely otherwis you will ind no more room left. There are creeps that do not need to be killed to free the path to your opponent these have better drops then the creeps on the main path, but it is up to the player if they want to pressure the enemy or creep them. The bridge separating the two sides serves as a choke point, where the opponents force can be trapped on and give advantage to the defender; when attacking vs a smart player a clear advantage is required, unless they don't hold the choke, then even a small advantage will allow at minimum the play to push to the others base.

[HIDDEN="Screenshots]]
Untitled-13.png
[/HIDDEN]

Keywords:
close quarters, xpqj
Contents

Close Quarters (Map)

Reviews
14:52, 5th Sep 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 9
More screenshots will be better @@
How about map properties:
describing creep camps etc

Review
-You should change your map type to altered melee/mini games
+Doodas are good, enlarged, it gives a feel of jungle..
-too many red camps @@,in my opinion only..
-OMG with 3 level-3 jungle stalkers as green camp, thats kind a hard
-All red camps seems to be linked together...
-Oo extra gold mines...

Level 9
More screenshots will be better @@
How about map properties:
describing creep camps etc

Review
-You should change your map type to altered melee/mini games
+Doodas are good, enlarged, it gives a feel of jungle..
-too many red camps @@,in my opinion only..
-Oo extra gold mines...

pretty much agreed with it
it's kind of an altered melee if it's not how the melee maps work.
by the way why not have a few more screenshots ?

Level 10
too many red camps @@,in my opinion only..
-Oo extra gold mines...

its not a standard melee map, the twist of it is the no expansion, close bases, and hard creeps; the elements of the map create a different style of game-play, been noticing people playing these minigame style melee maps more then traditional melee map so I tried to make one.

Before approval you need to fix:
  • 12.500 gold per player without expansion mine is low!
  • Pathing ground is bad, you must fill every single spot with pathing blockers, example I pick gargoyle and use stone form, it will land behind 1st line of pathing blockers making it unreachable for melee warriors (net, and such abilities will fail as well).
  • Place trees near each other, to remove empty space between them where small unit can hide

Level 30
Map Review
Close Quarters (No Version/s Stated)

Rating System:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: The playability and how it is entertaining in play.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: View of the map's terrain.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: About the outcome of the game's mechanics.

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

The Game was quite difficult to coupe with in the first game, creeps were unbearable because of lack of space and resources, their is none neutral buildings in the map including the tavern for those players who rely on neutral heroes, and again resources, gold mines are a must in the game, and the main gold mine are 120k? that would only get consumed for 15-20mins I guess.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

Terrain was love in the first site, I mean those wisp animations are interesting and unique way of adding a smooth atmosphere in the game, although your map needs more space, I can see your aiming the map with a beautiful specs that players would love to play with it, but as you can see, the passageways are a bit small.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

For now I could say one thing, "needs more work". terrain was a good start with my observation and I like it, but after checkups of every race, map sections, etc. it really doesn't look like an altered melee, well perhaps of the neutral buildings that you took out eh? and I hope not.

Total Score:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
7/1573%D

vm me after reading this review