• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Class Change Quests 'bug'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Not sure if this is a true bug, but it is certainly an annoyance....

Did my Ranger Gaia's-quest today. Ran through the damned smoke to Cenarius, who said it's time to wake up.

Nothing happened.

Tried talking to him a bunch, no dice. Ran back to the portal, no exit. Basically forced to suicide or repick.

Perhaps make it so you cannot do your class quest without having talked to the Guildmaster first? Or accepting the quest auto-talks to the Guildmaster? Because the moment I started over (and talked to the master, first), the Cenarius dude worked fine.

Not sure if this is the same for the other quests, but I imagine it is.

Did my Ranger Gaia's-quest today. Ran through the damned smoke to Cenarius, who said it's time to wake up.

Nothing happened.

Tried talking to him a bunch, no dice. Ran back to the portal, no exit. Basically forced to suicide or repick.

Perhaps make it so you cannot do your class quest without having talked to the Guildmaster first? Or accepting the quest auto-talks to the Guildmaster? Because the moment I started over (and talked to the master, first), the Cenarius dude worked fine.

You can always leave the event area by stepping into the portal. But you are right, it shouldn't really be possible the enter the event zone without talking to the guild master dude.

Level 4

Nothing happened.

The thing is 1st you have to take the part1 q from colonel and than to talk with your master otherwise you'll have to "wake up" ;) i can say its not a bug, from my experience.

BR.

Level 10
This isnt a bug but it ties in with quests. When doing a class change quest if you die in it you need to wait a minute to revive. That could get expensive and annoying for certain classes such as new player squires who dunno the fights. I don't mind losing gold on them but perhaps if you die in class quests you should be instantly revived like the arena pvp system

Level 6
Maybe I didn't explain this well.

I have the quest. I talk to Col. Brightblade. I run to guildmaster, and start the quest-dream thing.

In the dream, I cannot complete it. It will not let me out (didn't try running through the start portal, but I could not click on it, and no visible circle of power). The only way out I could find was dying.

Works when you TALK with the guildmaster first, 'bugs' when you start the quest before talking.

Level 6
So wait, you see that portal and don't try to step inside before commiting suicide...? Isn't that a little ...?

Lol. I was in a 1-man online game where I could just -repick and reload. I ran back to the portal (using my last potion), and since I couldn't click on it, I didn't think it would be helpful.

Either way, it would have been a wasted effort of time and 50 gold in pots that I'd rather not -save if I could avoid it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.