• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Bug] Squire class advance quest - 1.1d/1.1e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
After attempting the Squire class advancement quest in 1.1e, I was unable to target my friends Squire with any of my spells (I was playing a Bishop) for the remainder of the game. I know that there has been a feature added to prevent players from assisting Squires during the class quest, but it shouldn't continue after he has failed in the arena.

I'm not really sure if this is always the case, but we went back to 1.1d and had a repeat performance. He died during the quest and was unable to be healed/buffed outside of the arena.

But on a side note... If the quest says it's a "skirmish" and NOT a fight to the death, should Squires who fall in the arena really have to wait a minute to revive and have a gold penalty?
I guess the same could be said for all class advancements.

Thanks,
proFicient

Level 1
lol thats not bug Squire quest is really easy but you just need to find out a good tactic .For instance I did it by myself without any help for about 10 minutes.Some lazy noobish players shouldn't be helped by their friends . What will be the fun if the map doesnt provide any challenge to the players?

Level 8
Orc(melee):
Stund, bleed, shield slam -> run (shout) Glad salve
ect ect whatever u ave on cd, just use it when he cast stun or u kite him arroudn column after stun or shild slam.

Orc Caster omg zomg easy:
Hit with all u got just not shout
Interrupt flame strike and heal
run when he cast fire nova behind column
use gladiator salve when its nova cast or fire strike or any other shit its pretty easyone

GL nublets.

Level 4
Orc(melee):
Stund, bleed, shield slam -> run (shout) Glad salve
ect ect whatever u ave on cd, just use it when he cast stun or u kite him arroudn column after stun or shild slam.

Orc Caster omg zomg easy:
Hit with all u got just not shout
Interrupt flame strike and heal
run when he cast fire nova behind column
use gladiator salve when its nova cast or fire strike or any other shit its pretty easyone

GL nublets.

:fp: man you are genius! thanks for the help!!

Level 3
LEARN TO READ! He is saying that he cant buff/heal him OUTSIDE THE ARENA. Got that?

OUTSIDE THE ARENA

Level 2
Exactly right, Agarwa3n. Thanks for being competent enough to read the details.

I wasn't trying to heal/buff him during his class change quest in the arena.
We were trying to level up a bit more before he attempted the arena again.
Once he was 26, he went back and completed the quest.
But until he finished the quest, I was unable to target him with any spells.

Being unable to cast on allied squires during normal gameplay is the bug.
I hope this clarifies everything.

Fixing the Issue:
An easy fix for this issue would be to simply add a Region for the arena, assuming one doesn't already exist.
Then simply set the cast restrictions on players who try to cast on squires who are inside the Region.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.