• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Clash of the Elements RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
CLASH OF THE ELEMENTS
By: The MasterTrainer

For the project info, go here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/clash-elements-231897/#post2307287

People I am Looking For:

Map Development
Terrainer: MasterTrainer
Triggerer: MasterTrainer (Need at least 2 more)
Modelers: CLOSED
Skill Makers: MasterTrainer
Audio: MasterTrainer
Hero Balancing: MasterTrainer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Concepts
Hero Ideas: MasterTrainer (Need at least 1 more)
Graphics: Section1219
Screenwriting, storyboarding: MasterTrainer (Need at least 1 more)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta
Beta testers:

I have already started the terrain, though it still needs some improvements. The triggerers, skill makers, Audio, and Hero Balancing might have to wait for the Concepts to finish up, and the terrain to be sufficient.

I need help or at least ideas for the story... but before-which I need a at-least 30% done terrain. Since I already started the terrain, all I need is some interested terrainers to really get this going. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad at terraining: as long as you can apply the techniques taught at the Tutorials section (may not be all of them), or has experience in terraining, you're welcome.

By priority, I guess what this project needs currently is a well-structured story and a terrain. I actually need someone that will give me tips or suggestions about the current story.

Actually for the Hero Ideas... just to be able to provide at least 8 hero ideas (with/without background story;at least 2 hero ideas per class) is enough.

I will update this post when/if most of the team is formed.

PM me for more details on what to do if interested.

Tell me here if you want more details concerning this Project Recruitment.

project progress postponed until the finish of the contests.[/b]

I also really need a signature and a loading screen... can anyone help?

Last edited:
Level 20
Oh.. For the Mage, you can have Summoner, and Spirit Caller. For Hunter (Assuming it uses a bow) could be Bowman and Ranger. For priest, could be cleric and Paladin(An armed cleric).

Cool... very cool! But you see- the heroes are able to transcend to a higher class (Hunter -> Ranger/Stalker ; Priest -> Cleric/Inquisitor), hence I cannot use ranger or inquisitor. Thanks for the ideas though :) +REP :)

Level 30
Additional information, ALPHA testing is where you release your map mostly your map is incomplete and needs testing on what user thinks about it and also to grant user an idea of your game. While BETA testing, this is the part where your map is already complete just some testing to search for bugs, typos and other errors in-game. This is the stage where you test it before releasing it in Map section.

EDIT: I mean map section......lol...

Level 4
I can help with triggers, and if you still need it i can make you a custom loading screen, i will just need the image u want to use.

Level 20
Sure, just need the image u want to use.

Here, resize this to the Loading Screen size:

images.jpg

Then, using the font COPPERPLATE GOTHIC, place in the words "Clash of the Elements" at the center in such a size that the "Clash of the" will be at the top and the "Elements" will be at the bottom. Still both at the center.

Level 4
Here you go. If you want something changed or want to add something just write.

Hope it's what you wanted.

PS. remember to give credit.

Attachments

• Clash of the Elements.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Level 20
Here you go. If you want something changed or want to add something just write.

Hope it's what you wanted.

PS. remember to give credit.

Okay now, could you do some things regarding the loading screen?
Could you:

1. Photoshop or enhance the letters?
2. Could you raise the letters more? So that they would be in the middle of the two flames and not below?

Level 4
Okay now, could you do some things regarding the loading screen?
Could you:

1. Photoshop or enhance the letters?
2. Could you raise the letters more? So that they would be in the middle of the two flames and not below?

1. Enhance how?
2 Sure but i thought it kinda ruined the picture, which is awesome btw.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hey I could help with the heroe ideas, story suggestions, terraining and triggering just tell me if you would like my help.

Level 20
1. Ok i will.
2. I just used photoshop.

EDIT: How's this?

Okay good. Now, instead of using one layer for the text, use two. The first text layer will say: "Clash of The". The second text layer will say: "Elements". But of course the first text layer will go on top, and the second text layer will go on the bottom. So now you can enlarge it more.

So after doing the above, enlarge the texts more, about thrice the size. And then, don't use a light color for the color of the text, or if you are, use the Stroke as a layer effect, so it's borders will be black.

@Bethmachine sorry terraining was alreaady done by me, but since my project will be a trilogy, I guess you could terrain the second map, but not know. Also, I can do most of the triggering, so thanks but no thanks.

Level 4
Okay good. Now, instead of using one layer for the text, use two. The first text layer will say: "Clash of The". The second text layer will say: "Elements". But of course the first text layer will go on top, and the second text layer will go on the bottom. So now you can enlarge it more.

So you want the text bigger?

PS. does the man in the middle need to be there or can i remove him?

Level 20
Level 4
Ok here's the finished loading screen.

If you want anything changed, just write.

PS. if you need anything else just pm me.

Attachments

• Clash of the Elements.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Level 12
Here's my edited version of your story:

INTRODUCTION

It began long ago. To a land in the east, far, far away; the like of which, you will not find in the world today. There by the Great Ocean lies the city of Aecor. Its markets known far and wide, full of the bounties of vine and vale, peaceful and prosperous; for this city lay before the doors of the greatest Fortress of Solum: Facilis. Facilis, is the stronghold of Xerxes, King under the Ocean, mightiest of the Aqua-Elven Lords. Now, the Aqua-elves' dedication to their work has pleased Xerxes well; and this dedication is what made both Xerxes and Facilis vastly wealthy. Ah... Facilis. Built deep within the ocean itself, the beauty of this fortress city was of legend. Its wealth lay in the ocean- in precious gems hewn from rock and in great seams of gold; running like streams of rivers throughout the land.

But the time of prosperity and joy were not to last. Slowly the days turned dark, and the watchful nights closed in. Xerxes' vast wealth had swallowed him. It bore a sickness within him. This sickness drew him mad which led to his downfall. His madness drew the attention of a fiery dragon, a drake capable of breathing and spitting fire, with a roar like a thousand of horns piercing through a rabbit’s ear; this dragon however was a unique one. It came to life from Xerxes’ crippled mind, filled with the sight of gold. The townsmen did their best to defend themselves, but to no avail. First they saw a flash of blinding light, next they felt this immediate searing pain, the shock was so eminent that they vanished to thin air. The fire drake incinerated the city of Aecor leaving destruction in its wake. It destroyed most of the oceanic kingdom of Facilis, killing Xerxes in the process. Xierxe, Xerxes' son and prince and soon to be king of Facilis, tried to save his father from this overwhelming death, but Xerxes’ greed overcame himself, and did not want to leave his precious stones behind; And so, the dragon took his life with no remorse. The once-great city was burned down to ashes, and the great Kingdom was no more. Xierxe and a few warriors were able to escape the dragon's wrath, but were same again- for they saw the fires of death, smoking before their fallen kingdom.

Robbed of their homeland, the young Elven prince and his men took work where they could find it, laboring in the villages they encountered, and trying to survive on the road. But no matter how beaten he was, the young prince always remembered the visions of the massacre that had gone before him, and thought of revenge against the dragon that brought a once mighty kingdom and its people down low. He never forgave, and he never forgot. The burning vengeance within his heart was as hot as the flames death he saw before him. His men took fear to this, and left him for his own. This is when Xierxe realized that he is to fend for his own. Thus, he swore:
“I will not falter and I shall bring down that dragon with my own hands!”

He was left alone in a distraught village- where he had no friends and no family to lean on. He figured out that he did not belong here; for he belonged in the once great city of Aecor laying before the doors of Facilis. After a few days, he set upon going back to the ruined city and rebuilding it. But of course this was impossible because he could not rebuild a city alone, from scratch that is and without helping hands. He tries to find those who would help him build the great city once again. In doing so, he sold out almost everything he had; his fancy loincloth, his diamond-embedded sword, and his father’s remaining gems. The money he got in return was enough to pay for a thousand men's work, but he was only able to gather 50 men. Xierxe then estimated how much time it will take for them to arrive at their destination.

They took with them 30 carriages along with the materials they are going to use, this took out a lot from their remaining funds. Turns out it took them a week and a half to get to the ruins, and rebuilding the city took a lot from them; but they found success in the end. It took them about 3 months to construct a small village, and about another 3 months to populate it. Some took their families from the distraught village to the newly founded city renamed from Aecor to Xerxia in honor of his father. Some of the workers decided to invite their friends to make their stay in Aecor. Xierxe paid his men who worked so hard to make what he sees handsomely. Xierxe’s generosity and perseverance paid off.

Xierxe was growing old, and once unwavering strength has weakened. He was no longer the strong elven prince he once was. He has been living for 60 years, and he was ready to settle down. He positioned himself as the mayor of his village, and the people grew to know him as a loving man. Deep inside him was his burning desire to take revenge from that dragon he still has nightmares of, and every day since Xerxia was reconstructed sits on his gold-plated throne, waiting for that fated time of their inevitable clash.

Part 1 will be up soon. I'll take a rest first, then start editing it and start with part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.