• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seeking Terrainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
The team I am part of is seeking a terrainer for our ORPG project.
The story for the map is mostly completed. The name of the project is "Chapters of War" though it might change if we are able to find a better one till the Beta.
We have a spell maker and an indoor terrain maker.
However we lack someone to terrain the environment. A lot of the action (at least at the beginning) is happening in the natural environment such as ancient forests, caves, etc.
The kind of person we are looking for needs to be active so we can enter the beta of the map this summer.
Also the person must be able to terrain some beautiful / cool locations within the areas described by the story.
We aren't fond in using Blizzard cliffs in our map.
The project doesn't include any kind of hellish terrain, at least not as a major area of the map. The areas are mostly fantasy in the manner of LotR or Warcraft universes.
The terrain system we are using is similar to World of Warcraft: we have the outside / natural world, and through portals the player will enter a dungeon where challenges await.
Also the terrain must be done in NewGenWE.

People interested should post some links to their portfolio.
Feel free to put any questions related to the project.

~Edhel-dur

Last edited:
Level 11
I'm a terrainer but i ain't free, i'm working on DOL ORPG. If you want you could send me the map so i can give you advice on what you should do with the terrain. And yes i hate those blizzard cliffs (just so ugly!) and i'm happy that there is another Romanian on this site. :)

Level 2
I agreed on the other site and I'll be done the preliminaries of the city by the end of this week.

Level 12
I am average on terraining, and i am free.

Here is a picture of some terrain i made fast.
156269-albums2745-picture23090.jpg

If the picture don't work just go to:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/156269-albums2745-picture23090.jpg

Level 14
Well, have to say I didn't expect any answers, and I was tied up on the project thus I couldn't reply.

Sorry Goolygot, thanks for the offer though.

The project has started. Some abilities have been done, ideas put together.

We got some pretty active coders on the project.
Still looking for an environmental terrainer for fantasy genre terrain type.

Any questions post them here or PM me.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm looking for a job mate.

You can see some of my work in my current map project:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/kingdom-dreams-beta-v1-25-ai-v1-2-a-154475/?prev=of%3Ddownloads_month%26order%3DDESC

Although this map does use a few blizzard cliffs, I would not be using any on yours.

I know just about everything there is to know about world editor functions and concepts and am looking to extend my hand in terraining.

I have done:
- Caves/Dungeons
- Forests/Jungles (specialty)
- Beaches/Islands
- Large Cities
- Towns

I can implement anything you want, however once you have specifically stated what you need done, the design needs to be left up to me (i'm fine with suggestions)

If you would like I can do a small piece of your terrain as a showcase, and if your still interested afterwards we can continue. Otherwise, i'll look for another project with no objections.

Status
Not open for further replies.