• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Clarrification]Spell Damage Reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
you can level up any ability via learning by heroes by setting Data(Or Stat?) - Hero Ability to True. i think the same goes with Spell Damage Reduction (i know some abilities have problems with learning via hero, if i'm not wrong some are Item Life Bonus, Item Mana Bonus)

Level 8
an example of those item-based abilities that don't work on Level2 are Item Bonus Life (which increases max life). Spell Damage Reduction works with Level1 30%, Level2 50%, Level3 70%, etc. as far as i know XD
But abilities like the Item Bonus Life won't work with Level2. If Level1 gives a 100 bonus to life and Level2 gives a 200 bonus to life, no matter how much you level it, it will still provide only a 100 bonus.

Level 11
you can level up any ability via learning by heroes by setting Data(Or Stat?) - Hero Ability to True. i think the same goes with Spell Damage Reduction (i know some abilities have problems with learning via hero, if i'm not wrong some are Item Life Bonus, Item Mana Bonus)

I wonder if there is a TRUE list of unlevalable abilities

Yes. Being able to level it up and it then working correctly means just that ;)

I really hate messing up.
Just asking, How could I do an ability useless without a specific unit. Passive Ability to be exact

Level 8
maybe he means something like.. hmm.. if a hero with a Critical Strike ability meant only for Footman enemies will do a critical only for Footman enemy units? or for Critical Strike ability to trigger the hero should have a companion (a dog named Critical Strike, for example)? :p

if that is so then everything about the ability should be triggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.