• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

City [5 Levels]

Description: A city/town/village/ect. model meant to be used as a building in modern grand strategy maps. Has 4 upgrades, all representing states of population growth.

Updated after 5 years:
Added Death animations for all the upgrades.
Fixed the names to fit wc3 naming conventions.

Keywords:
City, hamlet, village, throp, capital, metropolis, survival, building, futuristic, 5, upgrade,
Contents

City [5 Levels] (Model)

Reviews
14:50, 19th Jul 2010 General Frank: You should really add least a helper bone, attachment point and event object. Without those additions your model has very limited use. 21th July 2010: Rename the birth first to birth. Add a death...

M

14:50, 19th Jul 2010
General Frank:

You should really add least a helper bone, attachment point and event object. Without those additions your model has very limited use.

21th July 2010:
Rename the birth first to birth.
Add a death animation for every upgrade level.

5th February 2016
HappyCockroach:

It's nice that after 5 years you did the alterations required, and I say it is a functional model now, therefore it's approvable. I still got some suggestions, if you want to raise its standard, and some minor glitches that could be fixed.
- In the Birth Upgrade First animation, the fountain weirdly raises across the road and goes down again (at around 60% of it)
- At the Death animation, the houses just disappear, they don't go down as in the other anims.
- The dust particles are too small and clustered, that goes against the warcraft pattern for dust particles. They'll do better bigger and mixing up one with another in the air, making a single cloud of smoke.
- The whole scale of the model is kinda off the warcraft atmosphere. The houses are too tiny and the textures end up kinda dead. If you went for a higher contrast, unrealistic scale and slightly irregular shapes, it would become more warcraftish.

Although there's room for improvement, it is a pretty useful model to some genres of maps and a good addition for sure. I hope you're willing to improve it. If you have any doubt about some issue, feel free to contact me, or reply here.

Invalid attachment specified. (Those two attachment links).

Anyways, very creative. Make a medieval one now

EDIT: Okay, wait. Why do you separate the portrait model and the main model? You could just remain the animations of the main model to "Stand First Portrait First" and so on.

Oh, year right, forgot that 'xD
And will add some more differance to the last version ^^

Edit: Fixed all but variation now ^^

Looks extremely useful! My only complaint is that the death animations lack some ambition - i think the buildings should topple instead of just sinking into the ground with the rest. Some more particles would be nice too (only watched it in the hive editor though, so apologies if you already have that).

Oh, and it's "portrait", not "stand portrait".... if you name it "stand portrait", it will show up among the regular stand animations as well as the portrait.

Looks extremely useful! My only complaint is that the death animations lack some ambition - i think the buildings should topple instead of just sinking into the ground with the rest. Some more particles would be nice too (only watched it in the hive editor though, so apologies if you already have that).

Oh, and it's "portrait", not "stand portrait".... if you name it "stand portrait", it will show up among the regular stand animations as well as the portrait.

I don't have the original milkshape model anymore, so won't be adding any more bones, which would be required to do what you're suggesting.

Also, "stand portrait" just means it will use the same animation for stand and for portrait, so two animations isn't necessary.
The death animation looks better in game as it uses two spawn objects.

Last edited: