• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ciebron vs. Flame_Phoenix

Winner?

• Ciebron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flame_Phoenix

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Vote for Your favorite submission! poll closes in 10 days

Ciebron
Orb of Zeuz: Channels a orb made from the god Zeuz him self. the long u channel the more the ball will grow, when release it will be such a power that the ball will launch upp in the air and strike lightin g from above and when it lands it will deal damage to nearby units
Flame_Phoenix
I assure, you are not as mas as I am.
But I promise I will deliver a spell.
Although i won't have time to fully finish my spell, I will post something as soon as I end a section of it.
Btw i saw your spell. It is a classic, and i like it. I may even use it on my map.
Anyway, I think it is unfair to see your map, so I will tell you the whole idea of my spell:

The lightning mage creates a lightning storm around him making Y thunders fall every X seconds. A thunder hits all enemy units in a 200 AOE. If more than 6 units are affected, they all receive a lightning shield. (done)
While channeling the storm, allied units nearby also gain different bonuses:
- If the unit is a melee attacker (non-hero, non-mechanical) it has a Z change of purging an unit when attacking(done)
- If the unit is a ranged attacker (non-hero, non-mechanical) it has a Z change of casting chain lightning which will affect W units.(done)
- If the unit is a hero attacker ( non-mechanical) it has a Z change of purging and damaging all enemy units in a line (on progress)
- If the unit is a mechanical attacker (non-hero, non-structure) it has a Z change of casting an electric grenade which will be split upon impact and damage all enemy units in a 200 AOE. (not started yet)

Oh, and btw, did I mention that X, Y, Z and W all depend on the level ? =P

EDIT
Here is the spell.
Although it is not finished yet, I still want to participate vs Ciebron. I promised him a chalenge and so he shall have one.
However, be warn, the spell does not work quite well because of a unknown bug from WE or vJASS (don't know yet), wish i didn't have time to fix.

This version does not select mechanical units yet.
Also, you may wonder - why use auras and spellbooks, instead of a simple buff from slow ?
Well, the answer is simple - in many maps (like mine) people can not afford to have buffs, because all buffs from all spells were already used. So using auras is the natural solution, while they all stack, they can serve as a buff quite well.

Anyway, this spell gave me a lot of trouble. I will still try to find out the damn bug, but suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• Orb Of Zeuz by Ciebron.w3x
    51.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Lightning Theme Flame_Phoenix.w3x
    39.9 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.