• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell - Fel Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have an idea for a cool spell but I don't know whether it's possible in warcraft 3 engine or not. But I'll try to be as specific as possible on the spell if someone intends to do it.

Description:

The Warlock channels Fel energy to an Orc unit, bestowing increased might and speed permanently. If the target is a non-Orc enemy unit, spell corrupts the target instead and reduces it in power after the channel is complete. The ritual must be completed in order to succeed at giving the Fel energy into the target. Channel lasts 3 seconds.

Level 1: If the target is Orc, give +5 attack damage, +10% attack and movement speed permanently. Increase the unit's size by 10% and give a little bit of green tint to it. If not Orc, apply the negatives of these values instead but still give the same green tint.
Mana cost: 100

Level 2: If the target is an Orc, Give +10 attack damage, +20% attack and movement speed permanently. Increase the unit's size by 20% and give more of green tint to it. If not Orc, apply the negatives of these values instead but still give the same green tint.
Mana cost: 200

Level 3: If the target is Orc, give Chaos attack, +15 attack damage, +30% attack and movement speed permanently. increase the unit's size by 30% and give even more of green tint to it. If not Orc, apply the negatives of these values instead but still give the same green tint.
Mana cost: 300

Details about the spell:

Spell can only be used on units. Not Heroes but anything else that is organic.

Consecutive usage of this spell on the same target should override the previous effect and never stack under any circumstances.

Spell should not have any effect on your allied, non-orc units...it shouldn't even cast and give hint about cannot using it on non-orc, allied units.

If the spell is used on an enemy Orc unit, it should still empower it but should transfer it to your side.

In order to keep the balance up, this buff/debuff must be removable. So if an enemy dryad uses abolish magic on your Grunt, it should immediately remove Chaos damage and all other effects from it. (Because you are already permanently empowering your Orc unit). Same thing applies to opposite scenario as well.

For example, if an enemy Spell Breaker unit sees this effect as a buff on your unit and steal it, it should have the negative effect on its allied, non-orc unit. So everything about this spell must be correct in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Spell needs to be MUI. Channel time and effect should be configurable. GUI/JASS/vJASS doesn't matter.

The channel effect can be anything. Something like drain effect - lightning can do, as long as it's green:)

I can pretty much guess how costly this spell might be so I'll be appreciated if someone really does this spell as specified here.

Thank you for your attention :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.