• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of Ner'zhul Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my current campaign project I need a logo, the font should resemble the orc style. It should write: "Warcraft: Chronicles of Ner'zhul" as exact match without quotes.

Participants in this request will be rewarded with reputation and credit.

EDIT:
Those who will complete this request will be provided with a sneak peak of the campaign. And as usual reward.

Last edited:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hi,
How about this ??
242951-albums8009-picture95499.html

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I am not sure about the definition of 'logo', do you want a logo for your Signature or for another purpose ?

Well, following the fixed image of LorDz, I 'created' this ( only added text to a cut image):

Logo-Request.jpg

original picture Link

In case you were talking about a Signature-Logo, I would be glad to challenge it.

I am not sure about the definition of 'logo', do you want a logo for your Signature or for another purpose ?

Well, following the fixed image of LorDz, I 'created' this ( only added text to a cut image):

Logo-Request.jpg

original picture Link

In case you were talking about a Signature-Logo, I would be glad to challenge it.

I was talking about the logo image, such as:
Warcraft-logo.gif

Warcraft-logo.gif

Logo_Warcraft_II_Tides_of_Darkness.png

WC2BnE-logo.png

WC2BtDP-logo.gif

Warcraft3-logo.gif

I need it to be professional and high quality, not some one minute hand drawn image. This request is not easy, but it is worth it.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This request is not easy

Yes, that's what I found out just a minute ago. Nevertheless, I will try to make something high quality and professional.

Yes, that's what I found out just a minute ago. Nevertheless, I will try to make something high quality and professional.

Good luck, orcish font isn't a requirement. You can be creative without limits. But it should be exactly as written "Warcraft: Chronicles of Ner'zhul". Without any "III".

Those who will complete this request will be provided with a sneak peak of the campaign. And as usual reward.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Good luck, orcish font isn't a requirement. You can be creative without limits. But it should be exactly as written "Warcraft: Chronicles of Ner'zhul". Without any "III".
Okay, without 'III', but what about the ':', is it necessary ?

I guess, I can re-create it in the default style, about orcish Font, that's complicated. I will present you some versions.
Can take some time tho.

Oh, and I don't claim this request, just to make sure none thinks this is occupied.

Okay, without 'III', but what about the ':', is it necessary ?

I guess, I can re-create it in the default style, about orcish Font, that's complicated. I will present you some versions.
Can take some time tho.

Oh, and I don't claim this request, just to make sure none thinks this is occupied.

No, just like Warcraft II, Warcraft III, Warcraft I logo. ":" is not required.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Usually I don't complain about work, but it was hard, damn hard to get the knowledge and sources I needed for the writing/its coloration

Nevertheless, I hope it matches your conditions.

logo%20for%20void.jpg

EDIT: I noticed writing borders look odd, so I changed them:

logo%20for%20voidchangedborders.jpg

EDITEDIT: Oh Lord, I wrote Ner'zhul wrong...

I corrected it:

logo%20for%20voidchangedborderswithrightwriting2.jpg

The last one was rather fast made, I can still change all parts of the image, like the fat borders or re-color the writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually I don't complain about work, but it was hard, damn hard to get the knowledge and sources I needed for the writing/its coloration

Nevertheless, I hope it matches your conditions.

logo%20for%20void.jpg

EDIT: I noticed writing borders look odd, so I changed them:

logo%20for%20voidchangedborders.jpg

Looks much preferable, well done. Tough you need to adjust several things, the font I don't like, and the glow around font should be removed. Font should be a lot smaller than the background image. Secondly I don't like to banners, they don't match the theme of Shadowmoon Clan or Ner'Zhul in any case.

Thirdly, the whole logo doesn't really match the logos used for Warcraft RTS franchise games. It looks odd.

Here are several logos from Blizzard that the logo should be based on:

02.jpg

250px-WarcraftAdventuresLogo3.png

You see? , nice and simple.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

the font I don't like, and the glow around font should be removed.
To remove glow, no problem, but about font ? It is one of third fonts that matches Blizzard and it is supposed to be the most matching one.
Please choose one, two or three.
These three are related to WOW, if you want another font, please help me with details of your wished font and what you want to see.

Font should be a lot smaller than the background image.
No Problem

Secondly I don't like to banners, they don't match the theme of Shadowmoon Clan or Ner'Zhul in any case.
just added them to give it more feeling, they will be removed.

Thirdly, the whole logo doesn't really match the logos used for Warcraft RTS franchise games. It looks odd.
I will try to create one based on your given examples.
But, there is not a single decoration like skulls, weapons or such. So do you want none as well ?

Font, make sure to base the logo around Warcraft 1,2,3 or Warcraft Adventures ones. You should use Blizzard "Warcraft" logo and then add font text underneath "Chronicles of Ner'zhul". In the background you can add scroll background, maybe some wooden plate, blood on it. Typical Warcraft logo stuff.

You could also add some skulls on appropriate areas. Those skulls should be kept in minimal (small) size. If you need more details, please ask me. :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Next try:
logoforvoidtry2.jpg

No decoration, no blood, nothing expect the logo base.

I tried to find another 'Warcraft' as yours looks odd, but found only 'Warcraft' with a 'III' in the background.

Very good, make the "Chronicles of Ner'zhul" font color to blood red. I don't however like the background. You should also add decoration (skulls) and blood in several places.

Here is a good background scroll, you could rotate it vertically and center it on the Warcraft logo. Then add blood on it and some skulls ... You could also change the color of the scroll to match the theme, darken it ect..

ye-old-scroll-502243-m.jpg

Turn "Warcraft" back to original color (yellow/orange). And make "Chronicles of Ner'zhul" have a little shading on the font. Just like the Bloody Version. The blood should match the color of font and should not come out of the scroll.

Make the scroll more yellow, more fitting with "Warcraft" font color.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

"Warcraft" image looks very stretched. The font text has changed color a bit. I liked the previous version of shadows and color. Could you try removing the skulls or making them small?

You must be getting tired, :eek:

Yeah because after around 8 tries I forgot once to save .xcf, so I have to redo all steps each time -> unavoidable variation

I AM tired ( spend around 4 hours, yes 4 hours on this request up to now)

Level 31
A_Void, you are very demanding, squeezing every single drop of juice out of Ardenian, hehe. I would have taken one of first updates as there should be really no worries about an interpretation. Current logo looks cartoonish and not as solid as for example in post #17, that's just my personal approach.

Yeah, but the #17 post logo had a bad background. It was colored bad and had arthas in the background image.

Cartoonish? So what must be done? I can't seem to find any good inspiration sources.

#Chen more similar to what Warcraft game logos are, but the font and quality are abit too low. The font should be different, but Ardenian will probably do it. Since he has taken on the request.

Edit: What do you suggest APproject?

Level 31
What I would suggest, is just to change the texture of the scroll into more HQ one, then all of the cartoon would be gone I suppose. Ardenian certainly did a good job, but all of those updates forced the scroll to change too much and it lost its texture and now it looks like a thin piece of wood.

What I would suggest, is just to change the texture of the scroll into more HQ one, then all of the cartoon would be gone I suppose. Ardenian certainly did a good job, but all of those updates forced the scroll to change too much and it lost its texture and now it looks like a thin piece of wood.

I can't find any good ones, most of the good ones are copyrighted (watermarked).

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Well, as I said I don't claim this request and as Chen got a good hit with his first try, I guess he is able to create A_Void's logo with less effort. Additionally due to his high knowledge whereas I had to learn for two hours yesterday how to make Warcraftish Writings + getting the necessary resources.

I suggest Chen takes on the request as it seems I cannot satisfy you with my work.

Well, as I said I don't claim this request and as Chen got a good hit with his first try, I guess he is able to create A_Void's logo with less effort. Additionally due to his high knowledge whereas I had to learn for two hours yesterday how to make Warcraftish Writings + getting the necessary resources.

I suggest Chen takes on the request as it seems I cannot satisfy you with my work.

I see.. Nevertheless, thank you for your effort. I will now give you reputation for it :)

#Chen, could you elaborate your design?

I think Ardenian deserves a rep for his work. Enjoy your road to becoming a great artist.

I just made it yesterday with green flames to show his power but scrapped it. Would you like me to add it? Anyways i cant show now, ill work on it and show you tomorrow.

Yes I gave Ardenian reputation. Okay, tomorrow may it be.

Status
Not open for further replies.