• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Christmas Archer.BLP

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a skin I made for the holiday, It's an Christmas Archer. I'll hope you like it. Give credits if you use it in a map.

Keywords:
Christmas, Archer,
Contents

Christmas Archer.BLP (Texture)

Reviews
10:27, 11th Dec 2009 THE_END: You need to add better shading, the work you have done is a recolor basically, it is based off of the current Archer uniform. More work must be done on this

M

10:27, 11th Dec 2009
THE_END: You need to add better shading, the work you have done is a recolor basically, it is based off of the current Archer uniform. More work must be done on this

Level 38
You don't have to do the skin entirely freehand (only 75%), I would recommend leaving the original face as you seem to be having a little bit of trouble pulling it off. Also, you should cover her torso if she is going to be wearing primarily winter gear.

The bow pom-poms seem a little less fluffy than they should be, I'd recommend either alphaing them out all together or trying a different approach with them. Turning them into snowflakes would look interesting, but with the way alpha works you should just alpha out a hexagon for the snowflake, and create all the other spaces with shading and highlights, if you go that way. Those could be just about anything, really. The bow looks a little awkward being that shade of red, makes it look rather plastic. Maybe you could add pinstripes and turn it into a candy-cane :D

The cape looks really blurry and stretched, see if you can fix the cape so it doesn't look so bad.

The arrows only really show up in the quiver, it would be interesting to see them turned into something more Christmasy poking out of the bag on her back :)

Anyways, The shading is decent enough, but the face really needs more work. a lot of the skin could use more touch-ups and fine tuning as well.

Level 10
You don't have to do the skin entirely freehand (only 75%), I would recommend leaving the original face as you seem to be having a little bit of trouble pulling it off. Also, you should cover her torso if she is going to be wearing primarily winter gear.

The bow pom-poms seem a little less fluffy than they should be, I'd recommend either alphaing them out all together or trying a different approach with them. Turning them into snowflakes would look interesting, but with the way alpha works you should just alpha out a hexagon for the snowflake, and create all the other spaces with shading and highlights, if you go that way. Those could be just about anything, really. The bow looks a little awkward being that shade of red, makes it look rather plastic. Maybe you could add pinstripes and turn it into a candy-cane :D

The cape looks really blurry and stretched, see if you can fix the cape so it doesn't look so bad.

The arrows only really show up in the quiver, it would be interesting to see them turned into something more Christmasy poking out of the bag on her back :)

Anyways, The shading is decent enough, but the face really needs more work. a lot of the skin could use more touch-ups and fine tuning as well.
Thanks, I got some good Ideas of what I can do with it :D