• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Choosing Direction of Strategy Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey,

I've been tinkering a bit with a castley strategy map lately. Now, I've been away for some time and I don't really have a grasp on the Warcraft 3 scene in its current state. I'm thinking mostly if there are enough players interested in playing maps like this. Ideally I would want to be able to test the map with the intended amount of people every so often.

The game is inspired by games like Coming of the Horde and Lords of Europe. Players defend or siege castles, level up heroes and control armies. I hope that gives you a rough idea of the gameplay - otherwise just ask away.

So back to the issue. How many players should the map host and how should they be set up. All with their own castle? 3 attackers, 9 defenders? etc. I have a few possibilities in my mind but if you have any other ideas I'd love to here them.
  1. A grand spanking 12 players. But maps requiring full house seem to have trouble starting.
  2. 3 defenders and 2 attackers.
  3. 3 vs 3 with all players having the ability to either defend their castles or assault others. (Would have to have incentives here to not just turtle).
  4. Only have player castle defenders and have the attackers be NPCs. Becomes a bit more like a survival game than a strategy one then.
  5. Other?
The map could go any way. Appreciate any thoughts on the matter!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.