• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Choose a techtree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.I wanna do something like a chosable tech tree,but idk how.Let me give u an example:
let's say that you have a city,and you have a church as a building,where you can research 2 types of religions,Pagan and God.If you choose pagan you will be able to do some pagan specific researches,and not be able to make the God research for the whole game.You can aswell construct more churches,and still not be able to research God.
Is that possible without triggers and stuff?
and if not,how can i do something like this.

Level 10
You just have to disable the desired upgrades after the research is complete via triggers:
  • God
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Whatever Pagan Research
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the max research level of God Research1 to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Set the max research level of God Research2 to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Set the max research level of ...

Status
Not open for further replies.