• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chivalry Tower Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For all you td lovers out there be ready to be hit by a td with 25 chossable races, 25 chossable heros for life and a choice of Team Mode, Solo Mode, and solo income.

Chivalry Tower Defense has been in the making for about a month now. After weeks of tweaking terrain we fell its now suitable for an amazing td.
The team came up and estimates 4 weeks until completion. Of course about 4 weeks for balancing so dont get to greedy to play it yet. If balancing goes well ill say it should be ready in 1 month if work goes well. We will be updating the game every 2-4 weeks with new balancings, heros will be added, and races.

Tell me your thoughts about the game, and also if you have any ideas and we like them your name will be added to our list of helpful players, if we use it. Happy posting! :D

Level 3
Also i would like to say the project TKoc aka True Knights of Chivalry has been stoped due to lose of two members. We have currently moved completly to this project and hope to have it done in 3 weeks :).

Level 3
Yes i know about DotC, i like that game alot. However 4 races dosent cut it sorry. However i also read that your working on more races from clan CBS. GL with ur new races.

Level 3
UPDATE!

Are team has been rolling along quickly, even quicker then i could imagine possible. Anywho, we are 100% with terrian, triggers are at a high 50%, and regions are 50%. WE should be at arounf 100% regions tomrrow, and 75% of triggers, The next three days its all pumping out units (Heros, 50-60 levels of creeps, and 25 races around 25 towers per race.) If were lucky we should be done by Wensday. Then we will have about 2 weeks of balancing. If you want to be a tester and get a sneak peak at this td POST A REPLY HERE!!! I will put your Bnet name in for people who helped balance. This is the most updated news i have at this exact moment.

I will try to post agian in 3 days.

Level 3
update on map

sorry to say the project is coming along about 25% of what i said a few days ago. Basically in these three days only the regions have been completed and 1 race, and no heros. (Mostly becuase i worked everyday) i will hope to update on friday. (hopefully will have 5 more races done, and a few other things. then the weekend including friday should get us through 10 more races. Then ill update again on next friday, the day before i go on vacation. (Sorry projects getting halted for a week) Also in about 12 days im going to hit you guys up with screen shots. :)

Level 3
WC3ScrnShot_121405_183416_06.jpg

This is the area in which you will pick your race and hero. Those three towers are for the Races, no hero ones set up yet.

WC3ScrnShot_121405_183405_05.jpg

This is the path. Depending on where u build you should be able to hit 2-3 rows, all the leakage will go to ur hero.

WC3ScrnShot_121405_183345_04.jpg

This is the Creep spawns, there are 4 areas like this.

WC3ScrnShot_121405_183244_02.jpg

This is the King and his castle. You will find out in the cinematic whats this for.

WC3ScrnShot_121405_183154_01.jpg

Finally a Top view of the map. The paths are the curvey spider leg looking things. and your heros area will be on of the triangular areas near the mid.

These are all pics which depict what the alpha and beta version will look like. So far we have completed a few races and about 10 levels of creeps. If all goes well we should be done by next friday, in which ill be leaving for vacation, so sorry no release until next friday. We will see though, wont we. Ill have more screenshots with actual gameplay in about a week or two, hope these are enough to satisfy you.

Level 3
Update!

Hey everyone, its update time now isnt it. Well anyways some major decisions were made in the past few days. Lets start off with some bad and good news. The bad news is there are not gonna be any races, and heres the reason. Unless we somehow fit 20+ towers a race theres no way it would be very strategical, just massing the same damn tower. So we have decided to give you a builder who can build probably 5 towers in which we have completed. Now these 5 towers can each build 3 different kind of tower that deal mainly with the original tower (i.e. Splash, slow, poison, frost, aa, seige, chaos, speed, melee, heavy hitters, etc.) So where hoping to have around 300 different kinds of towers each different looking or maybe just bigger or a different color, we will see. Also all will have there own unique damage attack, and weapon fires, which should put in for a real nice game, fun game, compared to the massing of the same towers.

Next some news about the heros. Well actually there is not much at the moment we still plan on having 25 different ones maybe 30.

Version 1.01 should be released at the end of January. Still we keep moving dates, and im sorry but this is a pretty hefty project for 3 people, (im working on almost 80% of it) It should be released with a "for sure" 200 different unique towers, and 20 heros, along with 75 levels with around 25 heros levels, of creeps. (DONT WORRY EACH LEVEL IS ONLY and i repeat ONLY 30 seconds long) THIS MEANS the game will only be 50 minutes thats shorter then a Dota game.

If balancing goes perfectly, your chance of beating this game on the first try is only around 1-5%. It should take you about 20 games before you figue out how to beat it, this way it has a tremendous replay value, i know because the tds that do the best have tremendous balancing and are very hard to beat (i.e. soldier td (LOL could use some names) and also income games, this isnt incom though.

This is all i have this week and will update this friday with more info. (I will be gone from that friday night till next friday, sorry.)

Info regarding me and the map. We are in real need of balancers, because u can see balancing 200 plus towers and heros is f****en time consuming. For each person we get we can cut it down 50% per person from the last (i.e. 100% time for 1 person, 50% for two, 25% for three, 12.5, 6.25, 3.125, etc.)

If this map is succsessful in beating out maps like LTW and Wintermaul(which i think has died because pf noobs making crapp versions) i would be looking at a map making clan to join (CBS is the one i want to join the most :) but others will do if i cant make it into that one) Right now im average with terraining, and basically everything else from importing and other shit, also im probably one of the top people who devote time to maps, making them fun, and at the same time challenging for people who are willing to play them and have fun, and are up for a challenge.)

Thanks a lot for everyones support, and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.