• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Checkpoint system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im making an escape map, where I need to everyone that isnt alive to ressurect at one place, I have this trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Units[(Integer A)] is dead) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Owner of Units[(Integer A)]) at (Center of Region 010 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
          • Set Units[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by Units[(Integer A)] of type Jornal - segundo nivel)
          • Hero - Create Jornal - terceiro nivel and give it to Units[(Integer A)]
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of Units[(Integer A)]) to (Center of Region 010 <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
also, the variables:
  • Set Units[1] = Wisp 0012 <gen>
  • Set Units[2] = Wisp 0017 <gen>
  • Set Units[3] = Wisp 0015 <gen>
  • Set Units[4] = Wisp 0019 <gen>
  • Set Units[5] = Wisp 0018 <gen>
  • Set Units[6] = Wisp 0013 <gen>
  • Set Units[7] = Wisp 0016 <gen>
  • Set Units[8] = Wisp 0014 <gen>
  • Set Units[9] = Wisp 0021 <gen>
  • Set Units[10] = Wisp 0020 <gen>
The wisps arent reviving! dunno why! please, help me
thanks in advance

Level 4
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Region 009 <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp
  • Actions
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Parte 2 concluida!
    • Set wispsgroup = (Units of type Wisp)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in wispsgroup and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Picked unit) of type Jornal - segundo nivel)
        • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Picked unit)) to (Center of Region 010 <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
        • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Region 010 <gen>)
        • Hero - Create Jornal - terceiro nivel and give it to (Picked unit)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Units[(Integer A)] is dead) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Owner of Units[(Integer A)]) at (Center of Region 010 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
            • Item - Remove (Item carried by Units[(Integer A)] of type Jornal - segundo nivel)
            • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of Units[(Integer A)]) to (Center of Region 010 <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
          • Else - Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 new challenge for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 010 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 010 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_wispsgroup)
    • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

Level 4
the point is, I have the variable Units[1-10], how do I set it to be exactly the same when I create new wisps for someone? I mean, if red dies, and someon reaches the checkpoint, I will create new wisp for him, but the wisp wont be = Units[1]

Level 4
well, heres what I did and didnt worked also!
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) then do (Set wispdead[1] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)) then do (Set wispdead[2] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)) then do (Set wispdead[3] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)) then do (Set wispdead[4] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)) then do (Set wispdead[5] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)) then do (Set wispdead[6] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)) then do (Set wispdead[7] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink)) then do (Set wispdead[8] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)) then do (Set wispdead[9] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)) then do (Set wispdead[10] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • Loop - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • wispdead[(Integer A)] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set wispdead[(Integer A)] = False
        • Else - Actions

Look your trigger :
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) then do (Set wispdead[1] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)) then do (Set wispdead[2] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)) then do (Set wispdead[3] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)) then do (Set wispdead[4] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)) then do (Set wispdead[5] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)) then do (Set wispdead[6] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)) then do (Set wispdead[7] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink)) then do (Set wispdead[8] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)) then do (Set wispdead[9] = True) else do (Do nothing)
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)) then do (Set wispdead[10] = True) else do (Do nothing)
You should use directly Player Numbers :

• Set wispdead[Player number of (Triggering Player)] = True
And why you want create a new wisp ? Why you don't revive the old one ?

I know that escapes are generally less indeed coded than mazes/slides, but it's not a reason.

Just when a player finish a level, you kill all others players, and you revive all of them in the region (excepted the one who finished).

And avoid leaks, it's already hard to play (ice) escapes without lags if you don't have any very good bot.

Level 4
I know the leaks guys, but first, I need to make this trigger work, otherwise wont make sense clearing leaks, and my escape isnt a simple one, it has lots of mixes, if anyone is interested in helping me. I guess I will try to make the wisps a Hero. Maybe this way the trigger will work.

Level 3
your problem is this line!
Because the "Units" variable is no longer detectable as DrSG stated above.
Instead use Player Integer A it should fix your problem

Edit: Hey guys first make it work then fix the way it work right? :D stop the leak thing majig

Level 12
well, heres what I did and didnt worked also!
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Loop - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • wispdead[(Integer A)] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set wispdead[(Integer A)] = False
        • Else - Actions

Do NOT use "Do nothing"

Status
Not open for further replies.