• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Chat moderation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Well, here we go... again

ChatSpam.png

I'm rather tired of seeing this crap in chat... as well as the flaming, trolling, etc. I'm sure others are too
Not sure if this is really worth making a thread into, but there seems to be a lack of chat mods active/in chat

Level 35
There's almost always a chat mod on, if you need them, ding them. Worked for me so far. But promoting a new chat mod would also be good. But, I agree with Squiggles, we need more mods in the maps section and the icons section too. The only problem is there are not enough candidates. Hawk would be a good choice as chat mod tough.

Level 34
Or people could start using chat properly and we wouldn't need moderators. Not until recently has this been a problem. In fact I think we have more moderators than before, and it's worse.

And give examples of how our current chat mods arnt sensible or sensible enough?

I mean like what someone suggested earlier: instead of giving people chat powers outright, have someone supervise them so we don't get another Haosis/Elenai-styled chat moderator.

Yes Haosis has gotten his powers removed, but look how long it took. We don't want another situation like that.

Level 35
I mean like what someone suggested earlier: instead of giving people chat powers outright, have someone supervise them so we don't get another Haosis/Elenai-styled chat moderator.

I do my job just fine thank you very much.

And its when you start trolling me with Iristle that I get pissed, and by rightful rules I warn you multiple times, if you refuse to shut up I kick you.

Most of the time you ignore me, you continue trolling, and THEN! I kick you.

I have spoken with Ghan, and he has sanctioned the use of my powers, General Frank I have also talked to, and Mecheon has sanctioned the use of bans if this occurs again, and he has advised me to warn users before doing so. I do...ALOT!

Ghan saw fit to make me a chat mod, and he has seen fit to let me remain. If there is a problem Ghan will talk to me about it, and I will correct it.

As for Iristle herself, you continually battered her, continually trolled her, continually bullied her until finally you drove her out of the chat like uncivilized barbarians, because you decided it was just wonderful and fun. Such actions as those, are worthy of being punished.

Ghan, and General Frank have also concluded, that these actions that you are complaining that I punish for are indeed trolling.

And also...I have only banned once, maybe twice, for such offenses. I have not kicked as much as you like to imagine, and I have not abused my powers in any way shape or form, and if I have it is the job of the admins to contact me about it, correct me, and send me back to my job a wiser man.

So until you have a real complaint like banning an entire chat for saying penis, or something....then shut your trap, obey the god damned rules, and act like decent human beings. Stop trolling me, stop dragging people's names in the mud, and start using the chat for the purpose it was intended, and stop pulling all this drama shit out of your asses.

I have the support of the higher ups, I have their sanctions, I rarely punish without extensive warning, and do my job pretty darn well, donut3.5 has not given me any complaints, many of the normal users have not given me any complaints. It only seems to be a select group who have any complaints at all, and the vast majority of these complaints, seem either totally insignificant, or are so utterly stupid that all it takes is talking to me about it face to face (if I am at fault at all in the first place) and I usually automatically, or in short time correct myself, or my behaviour.

If there is a problem, the admins will talk to me about it. So far only Mecheon has had any complaints, and that was due to our fighting Pyritie, which has sense then, not been done on my part in any large manner for quite a few weeks.

I also have not kicked Lirch for what seems like months, at which time I have been told not to, and I complied like the perfectly reasonable moderator that I am. And even then, I kicked him sparsely, he popped right back, he is not a user, his feelings were not hurt, and pretty much it was just a bit of fun to let some stress off, which all moderators and admins on occasion do. (if that is also apart of your "well thought out" complaint.)

Even Mecheon has kicked me for fun, and Mecheon is not known for his humour.

So in essence, "don't bring up subjects that you know will make me mad, and don't act stupid, and you won't get in trouble" its basic site rules.

What this is, is a case of a busted ego, who wants to summon the drama llama. And quite frankly I along with so many other users and moderators, are tired of the drama llama spitting on our heads every time we log on.

And next time you have a complaint about me, take it to my face, not to the public arena.

-Elenai Lefein-

Last edited:
Level 18
the rules do not state that people must watch what they say to protect everyone's virgin eyes. People are entitled to there opinions even if its negative about someone else. And they are more than welcome to explain their view.
They are not allowed to troll about it, and one statement is not trolling.

Elenai, you have nothing to worry about so ignore the slander.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Lol, perhaps, but the last time I was a chat mod was rather... disastrous xD. So I kind've... don't. Really, anyone who is active, fair, and sensible could be a chat mod. Several people think WILLTHEALMIGHTY should be one. Hawkwing could, too, I think

WILL should've been a mod a long time ago, let alone just being a lowly chat mod.

EDIT: I've just seen Elenai's above post, and I feel like I should comment on it because I was the one who talked about Iristle and the hive breaking laws.

I feel that, although you are a good chat moderator on occasions, your above post just summarised the reasons why you shouldn't. It's extremely childish, for a start. You're openly flaming the shit out of him and saying that his opinion is wrong, simply because he talked about a touchy subject.

Why couldn't I talk about Iristle and the fact that the hives policy doesn't legally cover her? The answer is because you dated her, and that's not on for a moderator to let his personal opinions knock his judgement out of swing. Another point that stuck me was this:

So in essence....don't bring up subjects that you know will make me mad...don't act stupid...and you wont get in trouble. (basic rules)

That is possibly the worst thing I've seen you do, if something makes you upset then don't join in the conversation. Taking the example of Iristle and laws again, you had no right to go to the extremities that you did in the chat.

To then go on and say you kick Lirch to blow steam just drops you in things even more. You're holding a position of power within the hive, what type of image are you sending out for management if you 'kick things for fun to blow off steam', regardless if their 'feelings were hurt' or not.

Elenai, you've gotta understand that I support you as a moderator, however when you make zealous, stupid and downright idiotic decisions like the above post, you're just asking for someone to kick you in the balls. Something which has been said, I admit, to me before applies also to you; 'think before you act'.

Level 35
I feel that, although you are a good chat moderator on occasions, your above post just summarised the reasons why you shouldn't. It's extremely childish, for a start. You're openly flaming the shit out of him and saying that his opinion is wrong, simply because he talked about a touchy subject.

I have never flamed anyone with any significant level of...flamery.

Why couldn't I talk about Iristle and the fact that the hives policy doesn't legally cover her? The answer is because you dated her, and that's not on for a moderator to let his personal opinions knock his judgement out of swing. Another point that stuck me was this:

You brought it up right in front of me, asked that she be banned from places under the policy, and then ignored me when I asked you to change the subject multiple times, the first set of these askings, were done so in a rather nice tone.

General Frank and Ghan have both agreed that this was trolling, and subject to punishment (one I did not give If I recall correctly)

That is possibly the worst thing I've seen you do, if something makes you upset then don't join in the conversation. Taking the example of Iristle and laws again, you had no right to go to the extremities that you did in the chat.

Asking users to change the subject and not tease another user is extreme? Kicking users after multiple warnings for doing so is extreme? Hardly....

To then go on and say you kick Lirch to blow steam just drops you in things even more. You're holding a position of power within the hive, what type of image are you sending out for management if you 'kick things for fun to blow off steam', regardless if their 'feelings were hurt' or not.

A) Not done it in quite a long time...

B) When I did do it, it was rare, and just fine and no harm was done.

C) When told to stop by my superiors, I did.

D) You asked me not to be so serious....so I did...

Elenai, you've gotta understand that I support you as a moderator, however when you make zealous, stupid and downright idiotic decisions like the above post, you're just asking for someone to kick you in the balls. Something which has been said, I admit, to me before applies also to you; 'think before you act'.

The above post is a defense of my own that says "stop trying to get me demoted for stuff that isn't a reason to be demoted anyway"

I am not a zealot, (I'm rather tired of being called a zealot), I am quite reasonable...

"think before you act."

And to that I retort

"Pull the beam from your own eye, before you seek to pull the splinter from the eye of your neighbor."

If the Admins see fit to warn me or demote me, they will do so.

Fore while I support you for map mod, I am not the only one on this site, who has problems they need to resolve. I might not be entirely innocent, but there are still far more people who certainly are not.

So before you other persons out there start calling for my demotion....look at yourselves, and your own actions.

I have served the HIVE with exemplary prowess, and dignity. I have not done anything that is against the site rules, I have only been given one temporary infraction, and a few bits of neg rep in my entire span here, and even then....it was ages ago.

How many of you can boast such a claim?

I EARNED! my positions, and I'll not sit by and let my name be sullied because a few users do not like me and want to see me gone.

I have never abused my powers in any form that could count as anything but a minor joke or giggle every now and then.

And if I ever have abused my powers, then the admins need to take it up with me, and correct it...they have not seen fit to do so.

So like I said...until you have a real issue to bring up, stop complaining.

Until then, please refrain.

And again I say, if you have a problem with me...take it to my face, not to the public arena.

Last edited:
And also...I have only banned once, maybe twice, for such offenses. I have not kicked as much as you like to imagine, and I have not abused my powers in any way shape or form, and if I have it is the job of the admins to contact me about it, correct me, and send me back to my job a wiser man.

So until you have a real complaint like banning an entire chat for saying penis, or something....then shut your trap, obey the god damned rules, and act like decent human beings. Stop trolling me, stop dragging people's names in the mud, and start using the chat for the purpose it was intended, and stop pulling all this drama shit out of your asses.

I have the support of the higher ups, I have their sanctions, I rarely punish without extensive warning, and do my job pretty darn well, donut3.5 has not given me any complaints, many of the normal users have not given me any complaints. It only seems to be a select group who have any complaints at all, and the vast majority of these complaints, seem either totally insignificant, or are so utterly stupid that all it takes is talking to me about it face to face (if I am at fault at all in the first place) and I usually automatically, or in short time correct myself, or my behaviour.

If there is a problem, the admins will talk to me about it. So far only Mecheon has had any complaints, and that was due to our fighting Pyritie, which has sense then, not been done on my part in any large manner for quite a few weeks.
Really? Because according to my logs you've banned or kicked me four times in the past week.

I also have not kicked Lirch for what seems like months, at which time I have been told not to, and I complied like the perfectly reasonable moderator that I am.
Logs say you kicked him last week.

And quite frankly I along with so many other users and moderators, are tired of the drama llama spitting on our heads every time we log on.
Because you start the drama? If it wasn't for your mindless support of iristle there would be no drama.

I have not done anything that is against the site rules, I have only been given one temporary infraction, and a few bits of neg rep in my entire span here
You do realize that you get an infraction/neg rep for breaking the rules, right?

How many of you can boast such a claim?
See Modesty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

I EARNED! my positions,
You "earned" your position by sucking up to the mods. Really now, there's no other explanation as to why you got promoted before I did, when I was the one doing almost all of the model minimodding back then.

I don't even know why you still are a resource moderator, since you almost never do your job:

Code:
[22-04-14]  Ralle: there are 4,457 entries with your userid on them. This includes minimiodding, your own deletions and updates, and also moderation
[22-04-52]  Pyritie: (Ralle) That's a lot D:
[22-05-02]  Ralle: yes :P
[22-05-20]  Pyritie: (Ralle) What about elenai?
[22-05-44]  Pyritie: (Ralle) Just wondering, cuz he seems to be the least active
[22-07-09]  Ralle: 100 entries
[22-07-14]  Pyritie: (Ralle) snap :o
[22-07-22]  Ralle: that's not much :O

I noticed you went through and "moderated" the pending models a few days ago. What you call "moderating" means going through and approving all the non-moderated ones, then going and deleting my reviews for some of the pending models, and approving most of them and rejecting a few just because of it's looks. After you had finished, I saw that the only models left in pending were the ones that the other resource mods had reviews for.

I have never, ever, had a time when every single resource[/u] could either be approved or rejected. The only time when most of them were instant-approval worthy was when Kitabatake spammed three pages with various attachments. Other than that time, there has always been a significant percentage of models that need some sort of fixing.

In the words of l0w_kwaliti:
Elenai is only on the staff to make it look pretty.
You contribute nothing to the staff except for drama and aggravation. And I'm not alone here. WILL, Ash, hindy, and others are sick of your iristle fetish, and brad.dude03 is annoyed with your thread titles in the Reported Posts forum. Again, I have logs to prove this.

Level 35
Really? Because according to my logs you've banned or kicked me four times in the past week.

Logs say you kicked him last week.

Pretty sure there were good reasons for both. And as for your bans...none of them were any longer than 400 seconds if I recall.

And by the way...is that what your bot is for? A log keeper? Interesting...

You do realize that you get an infraction/neg rep for breaking the rules, right?

Ages upon ages ago. It hardly counts now.

You "earned" your position by sucking up to the mods. Really now, there's no other explanation as to why you got promoted before I did, when I was the one doing almost all of the model minimodding back then.

I don't even know why you still are a resource moderator, since you almost never do your job:

Yes, and having modeling expertise is called sucking up...

As for my job....General Frank will talk to me about it, if he has a problem. It is not your decision.

I noticed you went through and "moderated" the pending models a few days ago. What you call "moderating" means going through and approving all the non-moderated ones, then going and deleting my reviews for some of the pending models, and approving most of them and rejecting a few just because of it's looks. After you had finished, I saw that the only models left in pending were the ones that the other resource mods had reviews for.

The majority of your reviews consisted of:

"This one too"
"too many polies"

As for other mods reviews, I left them because I felt that they were sufficient enough to be left alone. For example, Donut's review, which I believe he is pending on for the reason of working with someone on the issue. As for yours...like I said..

"too many polies?"

And if you are implying that I removed your reviews because of spite...Trust me py, you do not register high enough of my hated list for that. And even if you did, I am not a spiteful coward.

I have never, ever, had a time when every single resource could either be approved or rejected. The only time when most of them were instant-approval worthy was when Kitabatake spammed three pages with various attachments. Other than that time, there has always been a significant percentage of models that need some sort of fixing.

And the majority of the models that were pending (on only two pages I might add) were models that were only pending because of a few things like a higher poly count. And I rejected models that had bugs and were never updated.

As for the models, if you are implying that I didn't test them...I did. They were approval worthy.

--------------------------------------

As for the 100 models I have moderated.

I had only recieved the power a little bit before Wolver left...which was a while ago...I also had real life issues to deal with, and then I was gone for about three months. Then I came back, and I had to get my tools back before I could moderate anything (which took forever), Then my computer crashed again, and I had to start over, then it crashed AGAIN and I had to start over AGAIN, and then I had to sufficiently remember how to test some things and how things work, as I had forgotten.

Seems pretty reasonable...

Then I was given the Reported Post section and chat power, which will obviously draw attention away from models.

And also, Kimberly talked to me about it, and so the case is closed.

Quite frankly I think this is a case of your dislike for me taking over and wanting me gone.

Level 20
Pyritie said:
And I'm not alone here. WILL, Ash, hindy, and others are sick of your iristle fetish...

Please DON'T pull me into your shit without fucking talking to me about it first.

And Pyritie, if anyone's causing drama here right now, it's you. I'd suggest you STFU and contact General Frank about Elenai.

Pretty sure there were good reasons for both.
Must I drag out the logs to prove you otherwise?

And by the way...is that what your bot is for? A log keeper? Interesting...
Which has been proven to be a very handy feature.

Ages upon ages ago. It hardly counts now.
Guess what? I've had zero infractions. ZERO. And you claim you're all pure and a shining example...

The majority of your reviews consisted of:

"This one too"
I did that because usually the author posted several similar models, and if all of them needed specific changes I just put the review in one, and "this one too" in the others to indicate that they needed a similar fix.

"too many polies"
What's wrong with that? The model has too many polies in useless places.

As for other mods reviews, I left them because I felt that they were sufficient enough to be left alone. For example, Donut's review, which I believe he is pending on for the reason of working with someone on the issue. As for yours...like I said..
Yes, note how all of mine were gone yet the others were completely untouched. If you had not done it "out of spite", then why did you delete all my reviews, hmm? I was doing the same thing as donut and helping some of the submitters improve, such as Zerox on his Goku assortment.

As for the models, if you are implying that I didn't test them...I did. They were approval worthy.
I saw you approved that Goku SS2/3 one. A day or so later, a user commented that its animations are all messed up. If you had moderated them properly, you would have told the submitter that instead of letting other users discover that.

And also, Kimberly talked to me about it, and so the case is closed.
Talked to you about what?!

Please DON'T pull me into your shit without fucking talking to me about it first.
Sorry. >.=.>

Level 35
Must I drag out the logs to prove you otherwise?

Give the logs to the admins if you must. If they see fit to talk to me...they will, I'll be corrected, and be on my merry way.

Guess what? I've had zero infractions. ZERO. And you claim you're all pure and a shining example...

You should have been given at least 5 infractions and banned "The Divine Boss" style.

Don't even DARE to claim that you are an innocent and spotless individual, Mr. Pyritie.

I did that because usually the author posted several similar models, and if all of them needed specific changes I just put the review in one, and "this one too" in the others to indicate that they needed a similar fix.

Why should I have kept a rather random looking "This one too"?

Yes, note how all of mine were gone yet the others were completely untouched. If you had not done it "out of spite", then why did you delete all my reviews, hmm? I was doing the same thing as donut and helping some of the submitters improve, such as Zerox on his Goku assortment.

Your posts were insufficient to keep. And I never do things to spite people when it comes to my job. I'd make a caricature of you instead. I'd get more reward that way anyway. Trust me Pyritie when I say, making me look like a spiteful and vengeful person with a vendetta against you is so far from the actual truth that it makes the Patriot Act look like a viable option for counter terrorism.

I saw you approved that Goku SS2/3 one. A day or so later, a user commented that its animations are all messed up. If you had moderated them properly, you would have told the submitter that instead of letting other users discover that.

They worked in game for me, then again, I am only mortal. One model...that can be so very easily "re-pended" or rejected.

Talked to you about what?!

Case closed, none of your business.

Level 14
Hey kids, yes, you, the lot of you; give it a bloody rest.
Anyone with any sense as a mod would've shot this topic in the heart and closed it the INSTANT Elenai first posted that essay-long response in hidden tags.

Seriously, all of you, have some dignity.
You're all representing the hive and you're all doing a pisspoor job of it right now. There will always be disagreements here and there, but the key to being a strong staff is to not let it turn to resentment. Just listen to you all, you're holding grudges against people for actions that are utterly inconsequential!

X mod does Y bad thing, Z admin says "Is it forgivable or is it condemning?" Z admin evaluates with W and K admin, they decide "It is forgivable, but one more time and he's gone." The topic is then over and dealt with. To be holding onto such odium this far out of the scope of the event tells me that none of you deserve to be on the staff -- but yet you are.

That fact alone, the fact that you are on the staff, says so much about how you should be acting. There are so many qualities of a good staff member that many people here can only dream of attaining, but honestly, that's okay. No one's perfect, no one has to be, but please... Stop damning people for their imperfections. It's one thing in some cases, notably active topics or repeated disregard for the rules you're supposed to uphold, but this persistent harassment needs to end.

And please, people, quit asking for mod positions. If someone from above finds you fitting into a job position, they will ask you. The best you can do is just make a strong impression on everyone you can, that way when the admins go to the mods and ask "Who can fit this role?" your name comes up.

Someone who has the power hopefully will lock this before it blows up any further.
We've all made our points, let it die.

Status
Not open for further replies.