• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Charging Undead TD

Charging Undead! TD
By HammerFist

Gameplay Info

In Short

• Classic TD
  • 17 Towers
  • 20 Creep Waves
  • 4 Boss Levels
  • Normal, Advanced, Hard Mode
  • Single Player 32x32 Map
Towers

17 Towers
15 Attacking Towers
2 Aura Towers

Most of towers are classic, like you have seen them before in many other TD maps, so for excample poison tower, frost tower, death tower, arcane tower, and also two Aura towers, one speed attack speed on nearby towers, and other low move speed of nearby enemy units

Waves

There is 20 waves, like you have seen in other maps before it goes by logic, firstly enemy units are weak (skeletons, ghouls), later, with every level, they become more powerful(abominations, meat wagons). Every fifth level is boss level, that level have few heroes spawned that are much stronger comparing with other mobs.
Level 5 - Lich
Level 10 - Crypt Lord
Level 15 - Sylvanas
Level 20 - Death Knight

Pictures

First of all , please don't bother me how terrain is simple, that is stile in what TD maps are done, so you cannot expect something so good here.
Even if it is done with out imports and only 186 doodads, I think terrain is nice looking :). So pictures are the must so:

216214-albums6439-picture69835.jpg
216214-albums6439-picture69834.jpg
216214-albums6439-picture69830.jpg
216214-albums6439-picture69833.jpg

Credits

Entire map is done by HammerFist, with additional help by Pirate_Of_7_Seas and Spartilo.

Additional Info

Work Time: 7 days.
Creating Team: 2 men.
Inspiration: Old warcraft 3 maps.
Imports: 1 (Map Preview)

Detailed: In last time I miss old warcraft maps, and by opening this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/warcraft-discussion-99/do-you-miss-old-school-kind-maps-235195 I have seen that and other people miss such maps to, so I got big inspiration to break our nostalgia by creating this map, I hope to you all will enjoy its simple lovely gameplay.

Keywords:
charging undead, td, tower defense, scourge, hammerfist, mini game, single player, classic
Contents

Charging Undead TD (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet18:06, 3rd June 2013 Map Approved Charging Undead! (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet18:06, 3rd June 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Charging Undead! (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Charging Undead!" is a single-player on a tower defense map.

"Towers take too long to build, I suggest ditching it so that any possible and on-building process towers are ready on an incoming wave, the level wave gauge is bugged, I successfully defeated level 2 then the leaderboard for the level 3 and level 4 started popping out, mind fixing it."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain seems fine right now, but try detailing those city buildings in a good way instead of making them look like walls since this is a single player TD map, it won't lag the player much."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"After testings, fix those bad bugs and adjust the tower's characteristics, any else can be approved."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C

Level 13
Thank you man, really nice to hear that.
That was the main point of the map:
Easy to understand, fun to play and to be classic.
Nice to hear that people enjoy this kind of maps :)

Also I have plans for future update, for excample Death Knigh will have 4-5 special spells, other things will be suprise :)

Awesome, I am glad to give people suggestions and reviews :)

I think that I am gonna enjoy this map :)

I hope you will ;p.

Btw after my brother have played this maps, with only 3 types of towers and will ultry stupid strategy I have decided that map should be at least little advanced. For start guard and poison towers are nerfed a bit.
Also I have found few bugs so I will update map tomorrow.

Level 30
Hell_Master in! Hi there, played your map and have lots of fun. Everything in it looks really good. Let me put up a review here:

Charging Undead Review
[+] Good Points:
-Terrain here looks really good for a TD map. Enough spaces for towers to be builded was made and terrain looks very neat.
-Few towers but quite useful in each battle.
-I like the ideas of the Bases and that other tower that gives Auras such as increase attack speed and slow.
-Towers are quite good and has the balanced range attack.

[-] Bad Points:
-None

[] Suggestions:
-Terrain looks good at its state but maybe you can add more decors but make sure it doesnt cause inconvience in building towers.
-I would like to see more towers and Aura giving towers in following next updates.
Overall, this is quite a good TD map with good terrain, balanced towers and enemies. Rated 4/5 and +4 REP to you.

Voting also for Approval!

Hell_Master out!

Well mate, Im in a good mood to review a map, so I did.

The map is fine, but perhaps you can add more 'flavour' to it, some suggestions would be:
  • Sound effects when each level is starting?
  • Now all Im doing in the TD is waiting and building, maybe you should add something that can make us work with our fingers, such as a building that has all sorts of aoe spell that needs mana to cast (Thunder Clap, any profitable aoe spell etc etc)
  • Now I know this is a TD, but then theres a way to improve the terrain. My suggestion would be add an environment outside of theTD area, this can at least please the players' eyes.
  • Dont hate me, but I think the description is not informative enough. Here's a series of pictures regarding it:
attachment.php

The actual sentence should be 'Has no attack, but slows down nearby enemy units.' Also it would be nice if you tell us how much % it slows, so that we know the tower is worth of our money.

attachment.php

Once again, it would be nice to tell us how many % chance of critical strike with X times of damage.

attachment.php

How many damage per X seconds, exactly? :)

attachment.php

How much % of movement speed does it slows? You can check this at gameplay constant.

attachment.php

Im assuming this is a bug. You must have forgotten to remove it somehow, because this tower is much weaker, and it is found on Advanced Blazing Tower.

attachment.php

So it reduces speed, but the name of ability is 'Speed Up'. And, as usual, it would be nice to see how much % of speed it decreases.

attachment.php

Same problem.

• Also, since this is a TD map, therefore spending money wisely is important. I think the description regarding the towers could provide more details, such as:
Description Example

Arrow Tower
Basic tower, capable of killing creeps in a hit at early stage. Moderate damage, High attack rate, single target.

Attack: 10 - 20 (Chaos)
Attack Speed: 1.0 s
Ability: Critical Strike (20%, 3x damage)

Attacks land and air units.

That's all for now! Good luck.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_060213_124303_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060213_124303_01.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 6,471
  • WC3ScrnShot_060213_124347_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060213_124347_02.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 6,487
  • WC3ScrnShot_060213_124445_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060213_124445_03.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 6,438
  • WC3ScrnShot_060213_124707_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060213_124707_05.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 6,409
  • WC3ScrnShot_060213_124938_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060213_124938_06.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 6,377
  • WC3ScrnShot_060213_125010_08.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060213_125010_08.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 6,410
  • WC3ScrnShot_060213_125116_09.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060213_125116_09.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 6,369
Level 13
Hell_Master in! Hi there, played your map and have lots of fun. Everything in it looks really good. Let me put up a review here:

Charging Undead Review
[+] Good Points:
-Terrain here looks really good for a TD map. Enough spaces for towers to be builded was made and terrain looks very neat.
-Few towers but quite useful in each battle.
-I like the ideas of the Bases and that other tower that gives Auras such as increase attack speed and slow.
-Towers are quite good and has the balanced range attack.

[-] Bad Points:
-None

[] Suggestions:
-Terrain looks good at its state but maybe you can add more decors but make sure it doesnt cause inconvience in building towers.
-I would like to see more towers and Aura giving towers in following next updates.
Overall, this is quite a good TD map with good terrain, balanced towers and enemies. Rated 4/5 and +4 REP to you.

Voting also for Approval!

Hell_Master out!

Good review.

Update (sorry for double post, if mods want to blend them, do it):

This fast update comes with much detailed tower description (suggested by ugougo),
working on additional balancing (nerfing guard towers, balancing invading levels), fixed plenty bugs (some of them reported by ugougo, plenty others founded by me), some terrain changes.

I will update description in first post, but I cannot currently (you can guess I am on mobile). Ugougo added to credits.