• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Charging Laser Attacking Thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. This is a system which I've gotten a bit of help over at Maps 'n' Mods, but since that site is kinda deserted (except the off topic forum, but that's another story) I've decided to ask for help here.

Okay, what I basically want is to make these towers that attack like those Prism Towers in Red Alert 2, or like the green turrets in this game. In other words, when tower A acquires a target, I want all other nearby towers to "charge" tower A, increasing its damage x2 for every tower nearby.

So far, I've managed to figure out how to make the laser effects, how to increase damage by 2 each time, and pretty much everything else. The only question that remains is this:

After tower A (the attacking one) has gotten a charge-up from tower B (a nearby tower) and if tower B is in range of attackers, how do I make it so that tower B does not immediately attack the enemies? Like its charge-up took up its attacking cooldown?​
This is the hard part.

*whacks head against table* Now why didn't I think of that?

However, if a player tries to make one of the towers to force-attack a unit, it will say "out of range" even though it's in range. How do I fix that? Or can't I?

I think this is just not possible, however, it might. Unless I find a solution I'll stick to the towers being uncontrollable.

Level 5
Can you set it so that if a tower starts to "feed" energy to Tower A, it's acquisition range is set to 0?

If you have your triggers set up a certain way you should be able to add that in. Otherwise you'll need to reorganize how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.